Not open for further replies.

Richard

Reaction score
Only if you made it?

X10 does not wish to get in trouble over copyright issues

Dizzy

Reaction score
oh ok ty

wats some programs that i can use to make music?

prasys

Reaction score
If you want to host your music elsewhere (remix , and other stuff)

visit www.coolgoose.com , they offer Legal MP3 services..So if you want to save your space and bandwidth then put/upload your MP3 files over there and link it to your site

Dizzy

Reaction score
jim got any free music creating software that will let me save?

Rhianna

Reaction score
prasys said:
If you want to host your music elsewhere (remix , and other stuff)

visit www.coolgoose.com , they offer Legal MP3 services..So if you want to save your space and bandwidth then put/upload your MP3 files over there and link it to your site

No. I love Madonna's music but I can't play "Material Girl" on the pages where I affiliate with curtain vendors. I wouldn't be able to play the mp3 even on a page where I am not selling anything.

If a person does not have the legal rights to the song, the person can not stream it regardless of where the mp3 is being held.

No one can play mp3s unless you own the rights or unless you have legal permission. This includes streaming/playing an mp3 being hosted elsewhere.

Midi tunes, on the other hand, are different; but midi sounds aren't considered to be cool anymore.

Chris

Reaction score
Dizzy said:
but can i have my own music on my site?

Yes, as long as you have created it. You can even have other peoples music, as long as you have their permission to use/display it.

Rhianna

Reaction score
You can learn more about licensing music from:
http://www.harryfox.com/public/licenseeServicesDigital.jsp

and
http://www.harryfox.com/public/index.jsp

Digital licensing is the licensing of copyrighted musical compositions in digital configurations, including but not limited to, full downloads, limited-use downloads, on-demand streaming and CD burning. If you are interested in licensing music represented by HFA for digital use, please fill out our New Media Licensing Application. For definitions of digital music terms, click here.[1]

Status
Not open for further replies.