Music, the RIAA, and Downloaders...

dragoneye_xp

Reaction score
How come the RIAA gets all mad and wants to arrest the world for downloading music, and they don't ever complain if you, say, record hundreds of songs off a radio hooked up to your PC or off Internet radio and just have a million MP3s (or recorded music on CDs) lying around?

Chris Z

Reaction score
that is a good point dragoneye, i've never thought of that but i really don't like the RIAA too much lol :rant2: their always like you said trying to arrest people an ugh whatever lol that was kinda a dumb post, but i couldn't agree with you more dragoneye ;)

azntechguy

Reaction score
Err, actually, I'm sure the RIAA probably has complained about the potential to record songs from the radio/internet... otherwise, it would be sooo uncharacteristic of the RIAA.

swirly

Reaction score
heh the govt thinks theyre so smart and almighty, they prolly dont even know about recording internet radio lol....yes that was sarcasm, im not that stupid.

Matt

Reaction score
I've always wanted to know why the go after those taking advantage of the available downloads and not those making them available.

dragoneye_xp

Reaction score
Hmm... maybe we should get everyone in the world to start doing it - it would kind of be funny to see them go out adn literally try to arrest everyone... :hahano:
... then where would they put everyone once there is no where else to put people?

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
The Recording Industry Association of America naturally protects anything that might hurt the recording industry, which includes but is not limited to sharing ripped music from any source (ie. CD rip, radio recording, live bootleg recordings, etc.). I'm not to afraid of them yet, my ISP is refusing to give out the names of its customers to any 3rd part such as the RIAA for investigation.