My files and DB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
Ok so i cannot reopen my account which makes me kinda mad so heres my question

If your suspended can you retrieve the files and databases you set up?
Are the personal files you host on x10 yours?
Do i as a member of x10 have a right to access my files?

Heres the reply i got denying my site to be on x10
I was going to unsuspend your account even though I have no obigation to. But your impolite words made me decide otherwise.

Once your account is automatically terminated, you are welcome to create a new one.

I was kinda over the top but won't anyone expect to be like that when there suspended by surprise?

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It sounds as if your account was permanantly removed. It's possible that the files and databases that were once a part of you account still exist, but the only way to access them would be to ask an admin.

The files are yours, but X10 isn't liable for any losses. The right to access your files is governed by the rules and regulations, which basically state that you can be banned at any time at the discretion of the staff.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If your account is suspended, pretty much there's no cPanel access, no FTP access, no nada for it. Seeing as though a staff member won't open it for you, if they won't open it for you or they won't create a ZIP of it for you to download, then you're pretty much out of luck.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
The account is still there but its just suspended
Once your account is automatically terminated, you are welcome to create a new one.

So my guess is the files are still there to but it just sounds like they already said no to my file and db request :( id rather keep the status quo and stay with X10, X10 is a great deal out there and that's why i want to stay with it.

I read the TOS and there was nothing in there about Viruses, which was the reason for my suspension.

If the reason for suspension is not in the TOS than can i get an explanation for why im suspended in a few words?

I apologized to the staff member if he was offended.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The servers do apparently have virus scanners on them, so I'm wondering if that was what may have flagged the account for suspension. Why the virus was not removed and then you were suspended and then re-opened by you, that's beyond me.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You're right. It doesn't specifically say you cannot have viruses on your account. But again, this is a discretionary choice by the staff. If they allow you to host viruses and let's say there's a huge international virus infection from the virus on your site, then X10 could be held liable.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
The servers do apparently have virus scanners on them, so I'm wondering if that was what may have flagged the account for suspension. Why the virus was not removed and then you were suspended and then re-opened by you, that's beyond me.

The fact was i never knew i had a virus in the first place and i never knew i reopened it, but according to my account panel the virus was the reason for getting suspended:

suspendedh.png

You're right. It doesn't specifically say you cannot have viruses on your account. But again, this is a discretionary choice by the staff. If they allow you to host viruses and let's say there's a huge international virus infection from the virus on your site, then X10 could be held liable.

Well if the Virus is in my files can you give my the Virus and the File's + DB back for me to deal with than if anything i will be held liable. I did not hear about this virus in any other community's I cannot make a virus ether because i did not know about this virus until yesterday.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the best choice for you in this situation is to go back to the staff member you first talked to and work it out. I think that there is no one else who can help you at this point.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
I think i will do that I am not here to make any enemy's
Edit:
Hi i think i know whats going on my problems might be related to the php errors im getting and the server upgrades the server Lotus is getting. No reply from support it i will wait 24 hours.

Ok every few days on my site http://jalvirtual.org i get error messages in the .php code for some reason so i have to reupload the .php files its getting annoying

Sample of the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/jlvirtua/public_html/index.php on line 84

Heres a example of the error on my forum and pics gallery.

http://jlvirtual.x10hosting.com/forum/

http://jlvirtual.x10hosting.com/i-gallery/

Please get it fixed.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Virus scanners are not perfect by any means. It may have been a misunderstanding. And, with the work on the servers something may have gone wrong. These sorts of errors have been happening very frequently lately while the servers are being upgraded.

So, right now all you can do is just hold tight, wait your turn in line, and the staff will take good care of you :)

I feel confident that Corey has found a permanent solution to X10's downtime problem for free hosting.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
24 hours later they said no but nothing about my files and DB. They said something about malware how could this be?

These are the php coded programs i use:
PHPBB 3
PHPVMS http://phpvms.net
WordPress
Trusted programs how could these get infected?

Internet Abuse

You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:

* Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to x10Hosting and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;

* monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;

* Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;

* Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;

* Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or

* Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the x10Hosting’s network.

* Use of x10Hosting’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with x10Hosting’s other customers use of the network

It is for this reason, that this type of content is not allowed. Your account is pending termination and i highly suggest that you don't let us catch you using any type of malware on our services again.

Alll i want now is my files back plus the database indexes there really important to me i can hold X10 liable for not giving these back to the respectful owner.

botbg

Reaction score
The files are yours, but X10 isn't liable for any losses. The right to access your files is governed by the rules and regulations, which basically state that you can be banned at any time at the discretion of the staff.

And also read the Terms and Agreements >.<

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
My files are still there as of 07/07/09 so i cannot blame X10 for any losses as of yet but "The files are yours" but X10 isn't liable for any losses. but there's no losses yet. So by de facto the files and databases indexes are mine because i created them so i should get them back by download i cannot access the files myself.

My account can be banned but can my files and database index?

I get the point you stated and i have read the TOS.

As of 07/07/09
filesz.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.