My first ever signature! Please review it!

AmirRezaee

Reaction score
This is my first ever signature! Made it in 5mins! I'm only 12! Please review it!
i1508070_Bestworksofar13january2008copy.gif
[/url]

Jesse

Reaction score
Not bad for a beginner at photoshop. You could try more on improving the background/texturing. i will give it a 6/10

You could use brushes/patterns. The sig is also too big, usually sig only size the minimum of 375x125

Using big sigs can be annoying ;)

Last edited:

chisaku

Reaction score
Wow, that's your first one? Very nice! But it's pretty big, I recall that there's a "tool" called scaling in Photoshop... I don't really know, as I don't have Photoshop. :)

Scaling will make the image smaller in size, there's probably some kind of parameters that you can change to your liking, to reflect how big it will be... as for this forum the width should be something under 500 pixels.

The font is very lovely! Colors fit it very well... it seems very fiery. The spiderweb effect makes it even more intensive. Character is well placed there...

But that imagehosting "watermark" on the image isn't too pretty... there will be no watermark if you upload it to photobucket instead! ;) You should try it out!

You're young, but very talented. Please keep going the same track!

deaddevil

Reaction score
That size is way too big, is that a sig or a ???
The size should be 400*100 or something approximate.
And the sig looks bad, that's not the way you do a sig even for a beginner.
Before you try you should have gone through a few signature tutorials.
And then given a try.

There's nothing in the sig to discuss about.....
I don't want to be too harsh but, yes it will make you learn.
If you have any probs with sigs I can give you links to some good tutorial sites.
And yes, whatever people say keep designing, even though its bad, you will make a good design some day!!

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
for your first signature it isnt too bad.

I would give it an 11.9/20. Try adding more layers and making it more complex, also check out some tuts.

tittat

Reaction score
good work for beginner....
but you have to work more on the picture...i cant comment more as i iam a dump in photoshop.
cheers........

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I just don't think the font goes along with the whole idea. Also the URL in the back seems to be covered.
10/20

Trixter

Reaction score
mmm... way too big. A sig should be 600 x 200 maximum (and thats considered big) what you have hear is almost large art. You should do a few tutorials like deaddevil suggested to learn sizing, blending, text, lighting, placement, and effects. Its the fastest way to learn how to use Photoshop.

Keep on trying, you'll get better. Just take all critique with a pinch of salt and use it to get better.

Its your art so its what you think of it that counts.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
It's not big-enough I can hardly see it on my 1024000000000 X 768000000000 pixel screen

Last edited:

DarkenProject

Reaction score
As many already said, yes, it's too big. But a simple rescale at this point is not recommended: the size reduction will cause some detail loss. In particular, you will lose the fine lines of the web effect.

Overall, I think there is too much negative (background) space; the composition is unbalanced. It's also very close to being symetrical; one half is the character, the other the text.

Overall, I think your technique was well executed, it just needs a little more balancing (which will probably be fixed when you redo the image in a smaller size). Certainly a superb start for a beginner. Can't wait to see how you improve!

-DarkenProject

Last edited: