My First Photoshop Logo

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Well, i have been a bit short staffed, actually really short staffed to the point where i do everything but to the point! This is my frist photoshop logo. Please be honest and tell the truth. Use a scale of 1-10 and what you like and dislike! I honestly think its good for my frist but if you can think of anything tell me. Thanks...

Attachments

• zinetechproductions.jpg
    zinetechproductions.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 49

Colin

Reaction score
For a first you did ok, but you did what every one does. A few suggestions is 1)make the background lighter so the text is more visible or 2) get rid of the background all together. Its simple making it easy to read and incorporate into templates etc. but the colours make it hard to read. Try contrating colours a bit more. Overall I would say about 6.5/10

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Ok ill try that in just a sec...

Edit: Actually ill do that later

Last edited:

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Terrible job with the text, I understand you like to "jazz-it-up" and all with the effects, but there are certain situations in which emobossing or w.e it's called, just doesn't look right.

Even though this was poorly done in like 2 minutes by myself right now, and is done in shades of grey (because I am working on my website, I already memorized these hex codes), this would look much better.

My Adobe is being gay and won't let me save it in a bmp so heres the png.

Last edited:

Colin

Reaction score
basically civilr summed up everything I was trying to say. I was trying to go easy on it seeing how it is your first logo. here are some more pointers. 1) you should rarely if not ever use embossing and 3d effects on text. Glows are fine like what civilr is doing. 2) limit it to 2-3 colours at most. 3) Try to come up with a original logo like what I did with the x10 logo, use a letter to create a letter type logo or try using basic shape, but is a little harder. 3) Use lines and shapes to pull your eye inward or give it a flow feeling. 4) Priciples of Graphic Design Use Them: Balance, Gradiation, Unity, Repetition, Contrast, Harmony, Dominance. I hope I'm not coming on too strong I'm just trying to help you out use these as pointers and most of all practice and practice alot. Thats what I did.

deaddevil

Reaction score
nice for the first time,. you could visit different tutorial sites and learn the different techniques. you will learn from trial and error, but will make decent ones after some work!;)

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Ok thanks ,to tell you the truth i just won the points lottery and i might just hire some people. lol