My New Site - Free Gifts

tittat

Reaction score
Oh thats cool...... just registered with you..... but how the winners will be selected?? is it random or manually???

Jordan C

Reaction score
I registered and everything, so can anyone make contests?

By the way, I like the site, nice design, nice idea behind it. I look forward to seeing how your site goes in the future.

kajasweb

Reaction score
@tittat
For the first contest, As I have stated... I just want to sit back and analyze my site. So, winners will be selected ramdomly. Later on, the contest questions will be little bit tough and users with most appropriate answer will be rewarded. We'll introduce more rewards or some methodologies to get more participants.

@jordanc
No. Users can just participate in the contests and get rewards. In future, I'll think about giving privileges to start contest. ( Nice idea. )

bookworm99

Reaction score
This is a very smooth design, it looks quite nice but a little generic - since yours is obviously a marketing website, you may want to do something that gives it a little more 'flair.' Make it look unique, if it stands out, it will be recognized!

Good luck!

Scott B

Reaction score
I won't say your design is the most original, but it is nice and clean, which is a positive. :) Maybe try to separate the different parts of the page? Those are my only suggestions, I will give your site an 8/10 =D

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Your design is simple which is good sometimes, looks like you are using Drupal, correct? ;)

kajasweb

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments.

Yes. I'm using Drupal. I'm looking for better Drupal Themes. Can anyone suggest me a good drupal theme?

I'll also add more content and run more contests as I'm getting comfortable with the site design & usability first.

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
Hi there,

I found a number of problems with the site.

(1) Logo should have MyiStop.Net instead of all caps. I would also like the i to be in a different colour and net to be in small letter. Something to the effect My(i)Stop.net where brackets indicate a different colour that stands out, say red.

(2) [The following content]

Hi everyone...

MyiStop Web Services is very glad to announce the launch of new site, MyiStop.Net - Free Gifts Site. Without drilling too much into this section, we proceed to the first contest.

Give Your Idea & Get A Free Domain

We have given the title "Give Your Idea & Get A Free Domain" because, we just want to listen to our visitors through our first contest and give away a FREE Domain. You can post about
»

* Read more

[should preferrably read as follows]

Hello everyone!

MyiStop Web Services is pleased to announce the launch of its new site, My(i)Stop.net - a contest site with lot of gifts on offer.

Our first contest requires the visitor to fill out a simple survey and get a chance to win a free domain name (.com/.net/ .org/.biz/.name/.co.in).

This survey would help us improve our website further.

All you have to do is answer 4 simple questions:

* What you expect from this site?
* What kind of rewards you need?
* What kind of contest you like?
* How can we improve MyiStop.Net ?

We are planning to run this contest for 30 days, after which, the winner would be decided on the basis of a lucky draw. The Domain names are proudly sponsored by vHost4All.com

Spread the word, get all your friends to participate in this contest and increase your chances of winning. All The Best!

Admin
My(i)Stop.net

(3) The matter is no much so no point making the visitors click again to get all the details. Also see how Poll Daddy conducts a survey and use their method. For instance, how to prevent multiple entries (cookie or IP) and so on. If this survey is a means to get customers for vHost4All.com, then include a table of the regular prices for the domain names. To spice things up, announce special pricing for participants irrespective of whether they win or not. Similarly, add a referral angle in the survey, so if I take another person's name as having been referred by him then that person gets a further discount on domains and hosting from vHost4All.com

(4) To further ease participation, remove the login procedure and simply ask for the name and email address in the survey form itself.

(5) To improve trust, keep sending updates on a weekly basis, something like thank you for participating in our contest, we have received [n] responses till now, we are now increasing the domains to be given out to [m], please ask your friends to participate and win. And so on.

xmakina

Reaction score
Change the title text to reflect the spelling throughout the site (MyiStop.Net) as MYISTOP reads "my is top" as opposed to My iStop

Give & Get imply that everyone who offers an idea will get a domain name. Change get to win. Also, how many days are left?

The tags at the top of the post stink of "this is a blog". I don't "use" blogs. Blogs are web logs, used to let you follow someones life via the internet. I don't trust a site that can't be arsed to use more than a throwaway blog script to power itself.

You're giving away prizes, I'm sure there's a lot of laws about that. You certainly want some contact details in the Contact Us page including a phone number and an address.

Your about us changes the casing of myistop.net again. Go through your site and make the casing consistent throughout.

A navigation as an advert is a *huge* no-no. It destroys trust when I click a link and end up on another website.

8 steps to make an entry into a contest? I know sites that do it in 3. Make your site one of them. (Login) -> Choose Contest -> Fill in entry -> Submit

And in response to a few things made by amolpatil2k:

Your news page shouldn't detail contests. That's for each contests page. The news page should tell people about the latest goings on and Link to any contests that have started.

I understand you making users register and I would keep it this way. Not only will it cut down on people spamming contest entries but you need information such as personal details in order to award prizes.

And do *not* send out weekly email unless the customer asks for them. They are a royal pain in the ass when my inbox gets clogged with emails I don't want.

kajasweb

Reaction score
@amolpatil2k
Thanks for your comment.

1. I have updated my logo, with i in different color.
2. I'm not so good in English. I have changed my description. Thanks for that. Hereafter, I'll post a contest here for Credits to get a better title and description for my contests in MyiStop.Net :)
3. I have made the contest page as main page.
4. This is not only for vHost4All.com's promotion. I'll be introducing more sites soon. Anyhow, I appreciate your comment. I'll try to add more info about my sites.
5. I want the login procedure as visitors coming again dont have to re-enter all the details. They can just login.
6. I'll consider adding a referral system and sending periodic updates.

@xmakina
1. Logo changed. Kindly have a look at it and post your comments.
2. I have taken most of your suggestions and taken actions for those things. Kindly check my site now.
vHost4Free.com is my site only. x10Hosting forum rules restrict me to post more details about it. You can check that site.

xmakina

Reaction score
Just check over your privacy policy - still variations in the myispot.net casings.

I get two different pages if I click on the logo or the home button.

The logo looks a lot better now, very cool.

If nothing else put a direct email address on the contact us page (support@myistop.net would do fine)

Looks good, keep it up :)

kajasweb

Reaction score
xmakina, Thank you for pointing out the mistakes. I have corrected the casings in Privacy Policy page. I have also stated the email address there.

I would like to know, How can I promote my site. How to get more traffic? Already, I have started AdWords campaign. Any other way through which I can advertise...

xmakina

Reaction score
The best advert by far is word of mouth. Provide a quality product and friends will tell friends.

Of course, WOM doesn't work for everyone so here's a few ideas:
Banner Exchanges
Social Networks (Facebook Pages, MySpace etc.)
Search Engine Optimisation, although Google seems to put a LOT more weighting into clickthroughs than anything else so I imagine it's a bit of a low return method
Provide an incentive to get others to join; the word INCENTIVE is important, do *not* cripple users who do not get others to join. Invite/join spamming is a sure fire way to make people hate you.

Another option is to think about how You find websites. Make sure you advertise your site in those ways.

Don't forget to lookup advertising your site with Google, there's probably loads of ideas there.