My Site can access data from remote server

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockpedia22

Reaction score
HI there
For last two days, my site can't grab the data from remote server/site. I use curl to grab the data from another site. It was working fine. But from last two days it is showing blank page while I run the script. I test several script which were made before and were working fine. But none can show the remote server's data now. Even I have tested to grab my own another site which is hosted on another free host but it fails show anything. Even no header is coming, just a blank white page appearing after execution of the scripts. But the scripts which use internal resources (such as home page or guest book), still can show the contents. That means my site is not suspended but can't grab the data or connection to external site is not working.

Has it recently been disabled for free hosting package or is it happening for all free sites hosted on x10hosting?

Please reply

Regards

Last edited:

stockpedia22

Reaction score
Re: My Site can't access data from remote server

So
what is the purpose of unlimited bandwidth? Do you think that only internal script needs unlimited bandwidth? If you run a site based on only internal script, it needs maximum 1gb/month (and it should have thousand of users online). I wonder about the decision of x10hosting authority. How funny cause? abuse! If you can't find out specific sites which are abusing, then you will block all the sites. lol....then don't give us php hosting if you can't afford php resources using. Make it html hosting. That would be better. Seems I am seeing Hippocrates.

Goodbye from x10hosting. If you unblock then meet you again, otherwise bye bye to your html hosting.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the problem, stockpedia22. Proxies don't get used on specific sites.

Port 80 was blocked because if you look at my signature, with not that many exceptions (read, about 100 or 1 red bullet's worth) were -all- for proxies. When you're stuck dealing with proxies that are each hammering their own unique sites and you're suspending 60+ a day BY YOURSELF, you can't do a blacklist feature.

Also, reread our TOS regarding Content Scraping; depending what you were doing from the other site it wasn't allowed anyways. Since you've moved on, I am also closing this ticket. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.