My site hasn't worked in months. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

canrocks

Reaction score
Hello - my two domains- theintercity.ca and ryersongreens.ca- haven't worked in months, and I'm wondering what's up. I can't go to Cpanel, and My account management screen shows that I have 0MB used.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello canrocks,

I don't know what is precisly going on with your account, but I know for a fact that fris is having problems due to cPanel. Also, theintercity.ca is apparently not registered with your account.

canrocks

Reaction score
Oh! I didn't know this was getting posted to the forums. I would have been a bit more explicit. Here's a post I was working on when I found this one:

Hi everyone! I guess I should start off this post by saying how much I love X10 and how useful it has been to me in learning about web development and also running an income-less student group.

Having said that, my website(s) have been down for over a month. I've recently resolved to get to the bottom of it, so this is the first step. I think it might have to do with the migration to Fris, but it's been down for a long time so I might predate the migration.

Symptoms:
-both domains (ryersongreens.ca and theintercity.ca) are down and result in the following error from Chrome: "Google Chrome could not connect to ryersongreens.ca".
-In control panel, it shows my disk usage at 0MB which is not the case.
-If I try and log into Cpanel or the webmail, I get "Login attempt failed!"

To respond to your post xav, theintercity.ca worked for a good 6 months. I have wordpress and mediawiki running on it.

Thanks everyone!

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
for the "login attempt failed!" issue, please log into your account panel at http://x10hosting.com/control and changing your cPanel password. Once the change goes through (you can track it in the pending actions area), you should be able to log in with the new password.

Once in, make sure that those two domains are showing up in your addon domains thing (or if they aren't, which is likely since fris is having issues with modifying addon/parked domains, check your File Manager to ensure that directories for those two domains exist). If you see them there, make sure that the domains themselves are using the nameservers ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com (you will need to go to the place you registered the domains at to check on the nameservers).

canrocks

Reaction score
Hey - I tried changing my password twice and nothing changed. What now?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like the DNS on ryersongreens.ca needs updating.
I'm escalating this to a support ticket where a staff member can assist you.
To view the support ticket, click on the yellow bar at the top of this thread.
*****Escalating Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.