My site is not working (checked status and only thing that it says is down is SMTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainRacure

Reaction score
When ever i go to any page on my site i get this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster AT racuria.pcriot.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can access c-pannel and Everything seems ok on that end

I don't know what the problem is.

(email address changed to avoid spam)

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
Re: My site is not working (checked status and only thing that it says is down is SMT

I get a blank page when i visit your site. No error no html no php no nothing. do you have everything uploaded or installed in the proper folders?

Chris73

Reaction score
Re: My site is not working (checked status and only thing that it says is down is SMT

Try setting your permissions to 755 and see if that works.

KainRacure

Reaction score

Permissions are set at 755 already

Chris73

Reaction score

When i had this problem i remember Corey telling me it was my .htaccess file he did something to it either changed the name or what have you. I just remembered that. If you know how or what to do with that file i would suggest trying that.

I am clueless as to what that file is for. I had him do it.

Ok after doing a little research using that neat little "SEARCH" feature i came up with a couple options.

Remove the .htaccess file or rename it. Try both of them.

Last edited:

KainRacure

Reaction score

OH DUH lol i'll bet thats it, i 4got i uploaded the site off my developer server and it had a 100% restrictive htaccess file.

that file tells apache who and what to allow to access that directory so you dont get people going to a directory that say has a config file in it and stealing the passwords to your sql databases.

THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME

EDIT Uploaded the correct htaccess file and it worked. THANX A LOAD

+rep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.