-very plain
-shapes are just i dunno
-colors
and just so much more...

read up on some tutorials m8.

Last edited:

Andan

Reaction score
Yeah, i think it needs some more work put into it before it's shown off. But it's a good start ;)

syraxe

Reaction score
Hey..

The layout seems to be fine, except for a place-holder for your ads... Where will you be placing them?

And a little advise, while working with html, be careful about broken links... They can really be a pain in the neck! I suggest you use Frontpage or Dreamweaver to create your website and then probably if you wish you can upload the files separately..

sambosch

Reaction score
I am using 800 x 600 still it is small for my browser so u need to increase the width i think.
Dont go with 2 colors. Choose a good and pleasant combination of colors.

dharmil

Reaction score
wowo i dont like it its one color and white 1/10 just cuz you tried

ZeptOr

Reaction score
well i did specifically say the colors are going to change, I was looking for more advice on the layout

I decided to change the template up a bit.. so whatever

but with the broken links thing.. is there anything wrong with it now?

Last edited:

swirly

Reaction score
well i like the layout form. colors-in my opinon i like darrkkkkkneessssss. but w/e u like, its yours. didnt check codes or anything. but idk if i saw adsss!

ZeptOr

Reaction score
i dont need ads, im on the lowest plan

right?

Last edited:

dyfuse

Reaction score
It really depends what plan you're on. As far as I'm concerned (and don't quote me on this) x10Static requires no ads, x10Advanced requires textlinks, and x10Corporate requires a Banner ad.

Like the other guys have said, its a good start. I like the fact that you've used curved rectangular corners. However, the very few colors on your page are not extremely appealing, and they quickly make the person 'bored' in a sense. If you're targeting a "simplistic" audience, then your nearly half way there. If you're targeting a majority of "sophisticated, colour-freaks" then your far from half way.

Ah, now I see how your doing rounded corners. Not by CSS (which I believe is more supported over all internet browsers), but by javascript...

If would like a look at a website I made using CSS from scratch (Yes, just a white background and some black text), then just PM me.

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
that's right, just in case you do upgrade to a higher account, the ad code is right here

ZeptOr

Reaction score
ffadmin said:
If would like a look at a website I made using CSS from scratch (Yes, just a white background and some black text), then just PM me.

I didn't quite understand that, but how do you do CSS corners? I followed a website tutorial for the corners are on my site, I don't know anything about javascript.

dyfuse

Reaction score
As far as CSS corners go, I'm not 100% on how to do them because I don't use them on my websites. But I've seen examples showing how they can be done, an example is here:

http://kalsey.com/2003/07/rounded_corners_in_css/ (however, these require pictures for the corners, but the way your site has it only requires css and javascript)

dyfuse

Reaction score
Like what you've done with the newer version....you must be a lover of blue...

It might be too dark, but it really depends what content you have on there and whether the color matches accordingly...

A few things to look at later:
- adding a little more space between the text and the edge of the box (padding) for the top part of the website - just below "Home" (it seems very "enclosed" and "caged")
- the headings look very big and disproportionate to the rest of the page...but it really depends what you want to put on there later to determine the relative sizes of things on the page.