mysql connection error - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Status
Not open for further replies.

arctan1701

Reaction score
the accounts page shows that mysql is up. however, in cpanel on cossacks, no databases can be defined and when you try to use phpmyadmin, you get this error:
#2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

arctan1701

Reaction score
maybe the server it's on restarting please wait...

it's been like this for at least 7 hours on my end
Edit:
i'm wondering if the other posts i see talking about problems with cpanel not showing existing databases and the inability to add an allowed external domain to access mysql are related to my problem. many people seem to have similar problems.

Last edited:

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
My sites not working either, getting this message if its any help to you:

DB function failed with error number 1033
Table './cw_cw/components_session' was created with a different version of MySQL and cannot be read SQL=SELECT session_id FROM components_session WHERE session_id = '856b5bdd8d82bb82d636b2935d181625'
SQL =
SELECT session_id
FROM components_session
WHERE session_id = '856b5bdd8d82bb82d636b2935d181625'

Started off saying it couldnt connect to the database, then changed to that. www.component-warehouse.co.uk

Thanks
Alex

ExDee

Reaction score
I've been able to access my phpMyAdmin ever since I got this damn hosting.

jay4662002

Reaction score
the mysql server may be down and remember they moved mysql to a diffrent server and have yet to update the status scripts so it may say its up but still be down and as for myphpadmin i'm not sure if they changed the config to point to mysql.x10hosting.com yet

arctan1701

Reaction score
the mysql server may be down and remember they moved mysql to a diffrent server and have yet to update the status scripts so it may say its up but still be down and as for myphpadmin i'm not sure if they changed the config to point to mysql.x10hosting.com yet

do we have a way to manage our databases directly on mysql.x10hosting.com even if in a terminal or other less than GUI manner?

sunils

Reaction score
hi

please change the server name to mysql.x10hosting.com. its working for me.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Currently x10 free hosting servers are under going a Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.).

If you can't login to any of your accounts other than your forum account,
Stoli and Cossacks are under extreme maintenance to clean up all inactive accounts and prepare them for the copy over. Once complete Apache and services will be brought back online until it is time to copy them.
This means that if you can login to your accounts, any changes made won't be carried across when the backups are copied over.
So from this we can conclude that any changes made by staff to accounts won't stay either.
There is no ETA for the whole process, but Corey will periodically update the Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.) thread as to when certain stages are completed.

For future reference :
For any events/situations/occasions such as this, information can be found in these threads.
News and Announcements & Server Alerts

All of us at x10hosting are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, but it will greatly befit us all.

If you have any complaints about this Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.), please read the Terms Of Service

Status
Not open for further replies.