MySQL Dreamweaver connection help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunshock

Reaction score
I need help connecting to my database with Dreamweaver CS3. the logging in form looks like this:

MySQL Server: rocktalk.x10hosting.com
Username: gunshock_users
Password: *mysqlpassword*
Database: gunshock_users

I try to log in based on my short knowledge of this, can someone tell me what to enter into those fields to correct me if I am wrong?

It also says something about rocktalk.x10hosting.com/public_html/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php, test server not mapping to the URL or something?

Sorry for my short knowledge but please Help ASAP thanks!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you already create the database, the user, and assign the user permissions to the database?

If so those fields should be right. If you are connecting from your home computer though I would need you to PM me your IP address since we don't allow MySQL connections through the firewall unless we add them.

-Corey

Gunshock

Reaction score
Thanks and I PM'ed you my IP, because I am trying to connect through my home computer. Thanks again Corey

deadimp

Reaction score
Just to be sure, add an access host via cPanel as a wildcard (%) or your IP to ensure that cPanel will allow it.

Gunshock

Reaction score
Ok so enter in my IP at the field?

BTW- unless you just havent added my IP yet, Its still giving me that error. Thanks

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I added it this morning.

-Corey

tnworks

Reaction score
I had the same problem some time ago....

After I filled in the wildcard, however, it still didn't work correctly.
You have to fill in everything in the site management tab (If it isn't there or it works without it: I have an older version of dreamweaver so that might be the reason) correctly: With root folder included in the links.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
tnworks -- You would also need to PM Me the IP address to be added to the firewall.

Gunshock

Reaction score
Alright I just tried it and it still did not work. Same old error. I can FTP with my website with dreamweaver, but cannot create a Database connection. Anything else I could do? Thanks I appreciate the help.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Right, this is why.

Server name needs to be "localhost" -- the script is run off the server.

Secondly in your site settings set the URL to be the URL without the public_html. then it should start working.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
jjk -- This is your only warning, do not post in other people's threads unless you have something to contribute to the issue they are having.

Gunshock -- I think he is talking about where you are currently editing your settings. I've never used dreamweaver to remotely connect to a database before. This is what you're trying to do correct?

Gunshock

Reaction score
correct, connecting to a mysql database. still giving me the same error though lol :dunno:

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Your site settings. I havent used Dreamweaver past Version 8 so go into where you created your "Site" and change the URL value.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really sure here, might have to check out the dreamweaver FAQs and such. If you can find a specific error or what we need to change we can work on it.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.