MySQL problems - installing gallery software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan

Reaction score
.... apart from the solution :grin:

I hope one of you guys can help

I've just tried installing 4images (unsuccessfully). Got frustrated, thought it might be the software, so now trying coppermine - both of which i've used before, hitchless.

The procedure for both is to upload their files, chmod some directories, create a mysql database (using cPanel or whatever), then give it a username using an installation front end.

However, both times the installation fell over trying to connect to the database that I create. cPanel seems OK, although I don't think I've ever used this version it looks fine.

I'm obviously giving the install script bad info among the following:

host: localhost

db name: what shows up in cPanel e.g. dylx10h_gallery
user: ditto, e.g. dylx10h_dylan
password: *removed by Tyler*

PLEASE help, I'm very keen to get this thing running as soon as possible

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
for the username just use your cpanel username which is dylx10h

dylan

Reaction score
Tyler said:
for the username just use your cpanel username which is dylx10h

that works great now thanks! I'll post a link in the relevant part of the forum when it's online (may take a while - got hundreds of megabytes of photos to transfer :eek:nline2lo

ps. I love how fast you were to respond! posted last thing at night, solution by first thing this morning! Fabulous! :happy:

pps. now i can choose, does anyone recommend a PHP gallery ? I've got coppermine running but could easily get php gallery or 4images online. I haven't used any of them for about 18 months so I don't know which is the most powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.