need help creating a database

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
hey i am trying to upload this thing for school to my site, but i dont know how to do them, can anyone help, (how do you add stuff to database when u use phpmyadmin)

here is the steps i got when i got the software

Installation Guide

Prerequisites:
In order to run iSchoolAd on your computer, you must meet the following system requirements indicated here.

Notes:
TriPHP do not provide additional support for the installation of the above components mentioned. The websites for the components contain sufficient information for you to accomplish the task.

Installation Process:

1. Unpack the distribution and copy the files under a directory where the web server may accesses them.

2. Create a database.

3. Run ischoolad.sql file found in /DBase folder under the created database. I recommend phpMyAdmin or MySQL-Front when executing the SQL file mentioned.

4. Open config.php and change tje following lines according to your own configuration:

$MySqlHostname = "localhost";
$MySqlUsername = "root";
$MySqlPassword = "";
$MySqlDatabase = "ischoolad";

5. Point your browser to http://yourserver/ischoolad/

6. Login as
Administrator:
Username: SystemAdmin
Password: Password

Student:
Username: lardimer
Password: student

Parent:
Username: palcibar
Password: palcibar

Uninstall:
If for any reason, you want to remove iSchoolAd from your system, you must delete the iSchoolAd MySQL database and all the files that was unpack from the distribution file.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
looking at this it should atomatically create one in the installation prosses it not you do have to use phpadmin once you create one you can thenedit the tables in it!:happy:

Last edited:

n4tec

Reaction score
Go to PhpMyAdmin.
Now go to the database table you have create thru MYSQL databases via Cpanel.. Now go to the SQL tab..
Insert the code that is located in the ischoolad.sql file..
I think here you need to go to file manager.. public_html and go to where ischoolad.sql file is located click the filename...
now edit the file then copy and paste it like how i will show you in screenshots.. I hope you see what i have written in screenshot two.. where there is all files i meant tables..

Attachments

• screen1.JPG
    screen1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 81
  • screen2.JPG
    screen2.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

profits7

Reaction score
I cant create access danied for profits70@localhost in profits7

n4tec said:
Go to PhpMyAdmin.
Now go to the database table you have create thru MYSQL databases via Cpanel.. Now go to the SQL tab..
Insert the code that is located in the ischoolad.sql file..
I think here you need to go to file manager.. public_html and go to where ischoolad.sql file is located click the filename...
now edit the file then copy and paste it like how i will show you in screenshots.. I hope you see what i have written in screenshot two.. where there is all files i meant tables..

Richard

Reaction score
If you are using x10Static you need to upgrade your account to get acces to the database.

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
easier explained to add sql database is go to cpanel/mysql databases. under where u see check boxes with words beside them for example privledges all alter etc under that u see db then text area then add db.. in that text area type the name of the data base u want. for example platinum, then hit add db. this shud have added a db for example ( sitename_platinum) under add db create a user name and password, example being user stiv password watthehell. a user shuda have appeared above that example (sitename_stiv) now before hand where i mentioned the check boxes. on the left dropdown which says user pick the user name u just made, same for the other drop down on the right only this time pick thedata base you just made. make sure the all privledges box is ticked and hit add user. Thats ur data base added. now to create the tables. scroll down the page to where u see phpmyadmin. click that. a page shud have loaded up. on the left hand side of that page ull c databases with a drop down under it, pick the database u just made example being sitename_platinum, on the right a box area will appear. above this box area ull c 4 boxes 1 of them being SQL. click this. when the box area appears browse for the sql file that has the tables u need and add them. thats it. now open your config.php file. because i used sitename_platinum thats wat ill use for the example so..

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "7Ed+UratU+e9-eSwASW8s82MagUV*2";
$gfx_chk = 0;
$subscription_url = "";
$admin_file = "admin";

will now be

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "sitename_stiv";
$dbpass = "watthehell";
$dbname = "sitename_platinum";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "7Ed+UratU+e9-eSwASW8s82MagUV*2";
$gfx_chk = 0;
$subscription_url = "";
$admin_file = "admin";

dont touch the rest. thats it. uve added yer data base. hope this helps anyone out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.