need help posting

christie

Reaction score
Hi, i really have no idea what i am doing. I am trying to make a website for my mom because she makes jewelry and needs a way to show it off, and my friend told me to sign up for this so i did, and then i was stuck on which program to use to create the site itself so i installed macromedia dreamweaver, which is extremely easy to use, and it connected to the server alright, but when i went to check it out, the web page said that i can replacce it with my new webpage. My website does not show up at all. Help would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

Hazirak

Reaction score
Your website goes into your public_html folder, and you'll need to replace the existing index.htm file with another... or delete it and use a file named index.html, or index.php, etc.

jensen

Reaction score
macromedia dreamweaver is a software to help you create pages. You need to upload your work onto the host server here so that the world can see your website. Alternately you could just install Joomla! or Drupal on the host here and work on it online. :)

You need to make sure you have an index.html so that the browsers know that that's the first file to display. And your other files must be linked to this index.html

sunils

Reaction score
You can just design the pages using dreamweaver and then uploaded it to the server using the cpanel or any other ftp software or even with the help of dream weaver. as it was already said the pages should go to the public_html directory.
first create a home page and name it as index.html or index.php and delete the previous index.html page in the public_html directory and upload the new page. Then you will get your home page in your browser when you open your site in the browser.