need help trying to put my site up

gnarkill

Reaction score
My first time using a more professional site service than before, and i need help on the Index of page you start with to put ur images in and what not. So if anyone could help me or just give me tips, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What are you looking to do with it? use a content manager like php-nuke or Mkportal, a forum, or just an html site?

gnarkill

Reaction score
well i've made all my pages on dreamweaver, so its going to be an html site, i just don't know how to go about setting it up(like where to start).

thanks

danny

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ohh ok, well im not really familiar with dreamweaver but there will be an upload button somewhere. just type in your subdomain for the address, your cpanel username for the username and cpanel password for the password.

n4tec

Reaction score
If you have your site is ready and complete you can zip it up and then go to your Cpanel , then go to file manager via cpanel and then go to www folder and then go to upload files.. Upload the zipped folder and click zip folder and then extract it..

stratos

Reaction score
nforchange said:
If you have your site is ready and complete you can zip it up and then go to your Cpanel , then go to file manager via cpanel and then go to www folder and then go to upload files.. Upload the zipped folder and click zip folder and then extract it..

i am also haveing the same problem but when i click the www folder it dont open i have tried diffrent things to put up my site but nothing works

Tharikida

Reaction score
Try uploading all of u r files in the Public HTML folder in the file manager.

n4tec

Reaction score
stratos said:
nforchange said:

i am also haveing the same problem but when i click the www folder it dont open i have tried diffrent things to put up my site but nothing works

try accessing the public_html folder and upload your files through there....

stratos

Reaction score
i have clicked on the public_html folder but it doesnt open i also tried clicking other folders but they dont open eather

funindia

Reaction score
To open the folder, Click on the folder icon just left to the name of the file in cPanel's file manager. Also your home page file name must be index.html or index.php. If you dont name main file index.* auto indexed file will be displayed.

Neuromancer

Reaction score
No. use the same account details that you were given when your site was created...

Open dreamweaver in the top bar

File Edit View Insert Modify Text Commands SITE

Click on site

If you have not created a site before select New SIte
If the BASIC tab is highlighted follow the directions...

On the sharing files step select FTP hostname is yoursite.x10hosting.com

folder is public_html

FTP Login and password were given to you when you were accepted
before saving the information you will have the option to TEST THIS CONNECTION do so... once it connects you are good to go :) Then select save

You only need to enable check in and check out if you have many people working on your site

You can move all the files to the new folder for the site and then right click and PUT this will upload the files.

(If you Right click ona single file it will only upload that file

IF you right click on D:\My site ( whatever you named the local folder) and select put it will put everything. (It will ask about overwriting too)

Synchronize also works... bu if you installed anythig on your site it will donwload EVERYTHIN... get s a little time consuming

NewFuture

Reaction score
there is two links try clicking the folder image or the text link either one will open the folder

stratos

Reaction score
thanks i forgot about clicking the folder next to the link havent used Cpanel in a long time

gnarkill

Reaction score
so i need to go in dreamweaver to upload my sites from there to my file manager? and if that is the way to do it, im confused on how to do it that way