Need Help!!!

Oni

Reaction score
Ok my computer won't work anymore and I need some help on what to do..

When I started it up, it starts normal then it takes me to this black screen.

-----------------------
Gives me this options in order

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (settings that last worked)

Start Windows Normally

-------------------------

Now I've tried all of them..

On Start Windows Normally & Last Known Good Configuration when I try them, it starts up normally then just stops and takes me back to the same screen.

I've called support, but my warranty has ran out (pc is 2-3 years old) so they couldn't help me.

So what can I do?

Thanks!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Put the windows installation disk in, run recovery console and then run chkdsk on the drive. This will fix it.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen that problem atleast 50 times. If you don't have a windows disk take the hard drive out, put it in as a secondary on another computer and run CHKDSK from Windows on the other comp.

Oni

Reaction score
I put the windows disk in and its starts loading...but nothing happens....also where is the recovery console??....cause all i see is a black screen with options....wat should i do?

general stoner

Reaction score
If you are getting the same screen make sure you have boot from disc enabled in your bios. i know that problem messed me ub for a while.
If it is a Blank black screen well.... make sure you moniter is on becuase i have no idea.
cool.gif

Last edited:

swirly

Reaction score
select start normally and then make a boot disc or you can find one on google (you can find anything on google) and then just make a disc and do what corey says.

*note: selecting start windows normally just means that windows will boot up regularly and it will just like it normally is. you prolly dont wanna mess with safe mode. and command prompt is like for people who really know windows or what they are doing lol.

hope this helps!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Go into BIOS and make your CDROM the 1st boot device. Also if there is an option when the comp comes on to pick your boot device pick CD-ROM.

-Corey

Oni

Reaction score
Ah oh well..I got it working lol...but I just did system recovery somehow by just typing F4 and that stuff randomly...

thanks tho