Need some insights!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I like the layout and the template. It's very nice. When scrolling the page in FF though it is very choppy. So was the menu when it was popping out. Other than that though it looks good so far.

Reaction score
Overall design and theming seems alright, but I would suggest making everything a little more consistent. The current animations with the 4 boxes about halfway down the page are somewhat annoying, since every one of them has a different animation that takes a bit longer than it should. The first and last ones are the most aesthetically pleasing, so go with one of those.
Also noticed that the capitalization is different on your browser title and image, not sure if that's intentional or not

Only other thing that bugs me a little is the colour choice, and I know youre going for a coffee/grey look overall, but the white to brown gradient doesnt look very good on the title frames near the bottom, and I don't see why you reverse it between the first and second picture, so you know, consistency helps.

iconvers

Reaction score
@bigguy

HMnn, this community rocks!

I didn't expect I'll have a reply here. Lol

// about the menu:

Just I thought so, maybe a static menu could have been better than annoyingly animated.

// the choppy page:

Ill work on it. ..

THANK YOU.

iconvers

Reaction score
@you my friend!

I'm amazed that you really went to every detail. You have a watchful eyes.

// the boxes:

So you mean I'll be picking only one animation to make the load faster. But how about picking both the last two. Gonna try that. ..

// the title :

It should be small letter "i" and capital letter "C". I'll change that.

// color

To be honest, I don't know what color would match my frame titles. I wanted to use a single line of rgb color instead of gradient. Do you have suggestions?

Uhmn, thank you very much for that review. I realized many things still needs to be worked out. To sum up all your advice, keyword is CONSISTENCY. i believe it's important.

Reaction score
Honestly the colors themselves are alright, but the gradient is a little too drastic. It would probably look better going from the current brown to a lighter shade of it, not all the way to white.
Or for example, you could use the colours from the coffee logo at the top and have a gradient between #4a2e1b and #342316.

I have also taken a look at the function of the site, and I've found that you have a HUGE number of social media buttons at the bottom. This would be a good thing if they actually worked, right now only the facebook and twitter buttons work, and the rest simply redirect to http://www.iconverse.x10host.com/# . That might be because you dont actually have those things set up, so I would recommend adding the links and buttons once you make the relevant accounts .

Last edited:

iconvers

Reaction score
Oh, it took me sometime to get back and make a reply since I did some work, sorry for that.

// the latter:

LOGO - I followed the suggestions. Edited it and put some touches of blue, I included the full title of the website too.

BOXES - i guess I'll stick to the original form.

TITLE FRAMES - WOOLAHH!! I liked it. It's the exact color that matches the page.

BUTTONS - yeah, haven't finished it. I'll keep on working on that.

--> Thank you very much for spending time checking and sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it so much.

** I have another question :

How do I make a sitemap for my social community site? http://www.iconverse.x10host.com/social

I put it inside the folder "social " and when I try to generate (using online sitemap genrtr), what are only generated are the main pages or rather the the pages I made. By the way, my social site is from Oxwall.

Reaction score
You'll need to create a sitemap for the entire site and then edit out any pages you dont want there, and put that into your root directory for the website.

That should create the whole sitemap including /social

iconvers

Reaction score
great site.

Thank you very much Genevieve =)

** As for the sitemap, it's already been crawled by Google. Thanks for the info friends.

My next question is:

How do I create "share link button?"

Just like that of fb, twitter etc. Is it possible in my static website?

gamersc

Reaction score
looks good. but if your trying to make a site about poem/gallery. probally looking into wordpress or so may be a good idea. atleast that way you won't have to keep manually editing files to update or change. this site looks like it would be a good wordpress site.

iconvers

Reaction score
I'm taking it into consideration. You're right. I met lots of hardships everytime I edit and launch a new page for my website.

Thank you for your advice.

iconvers

Reaction score
My site is up!

Guys, what happened?

Anyway, I believe x10hosting does their job when something awful happens. I tho' still curious what really happened yesterday. Downtime occurred not more than 24 hours though. It was fixed when I posted my concerns on this community.

Thank you.