New 750 GB Harddrive "Segate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
1 TB drives have already been made.. so 750 (even with perpendicular storage) isn't too impressive. However, what's impressive is Seagate's new hard drive; I forgot how much space it had but it can go up to 15,000 RPM (which has been done in the past), but uses less energy than all of its competitors

Zenax

Reaction score
This article seems to have been written in April last year (2006) However still very impressive.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
1 TB drives have already been made.. so 750 (even with perpendicular storage) isn't too impressive. However, what's impressive is Seagate's new hard drive; I forgot how much space it had but it can go up to 15,000 RPM (which has been done in the past), but uses less energy than all of its competitors
The point of this is that it's 3.5".

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
750GB? Thats a lot of ... erm... movies, and games.

Wouldn't mind one of those myself, but it would be a ***** to defragment i bet.

Zenax

Reaction score
750GB? Thats a lot of ... erm... movies, and games.

Wouldn't mind one of those myself, but it would be a ***** to defragment i bet.

Yeah that would definatly take a while to defrag. I rarely defrag mine, as it takes so long, and I aint got the time to do it anyway.

Regards,
Zenax

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Yeah that would definatly take a while to defrag. I rarely defrag mine, as it takes so long, and I aint got the time to do it anyway.

Regards,
Zenax
The Windows defragmenter takes way too long, and doesn't do a very good job. I recommend Diskeeper. If you use the Windows defragmenter, you can just leave it going overnight. You really need to defragment your drives because when files get really fragmented it slows down your computer.

And if you switch to GNU/Linux, you'll never have to defragment again! :cool:

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
There aint much luck of me switching to Linux, as it is kind of a family computer! Hence why there aint much time to do this sort of stuff!

dest581

Reaction score
Doing an at-boot defragment works quite nicely. It got all my files to the front of the drive and defragmented, which let me re-partition and install ubuntu.

Articz

Reaction score
wow that sounds great it puts my 120gb hd to shame :(

not that ive used that much space either

Bazor

Reaction score
Ever so closer to 1 TB.. :D I wouldn't mind having it, except for the long defrag times. Then again the huge space outweights the cons in this case and since it's Seagate... no worries on the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.