New Account - Domain expired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplowdan40

Reaction score
Hi, I just signed up for a new account and when I go there, http://dansmith.co.cc/ it says my domain expired 2009-08-18, is it safe to assume the site just hasn't been setup yet and thats an old message?
I am able to log into the cpanel and upload files but none are showing up. I've read some posts where you guys say it could take up to 72 hours to create the site but I'm not sure how to tell if the site is ready other than just trying to browse to the domain.
At the main x10hosting control panel it says "Creation Date September 11 at 1:28 am".

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Co.cc is a third party free domain site. That domain really is expired. Either go there to renew it, or register a domain name there. After that, add in x10hosting's dns there and place that domain in your hosting account.

Last edited:

mrplowdan40

Reaction score
ok I see, I noticed the change domain option had more domains to choose from, I didn't realize I'd have to register on that site as well.
I changed it to dansmith.elementfx.com and now I'm seeing a 10hosting website does not exist message, so now its just a waiting game?

mrplowdan40

Reaction score
Over 48 hours and the domain still doesn't exist. Am I doing something wrong or is it standard for this to happen and I should only contact tech support after 72 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.