new cronjob error

realopti

Reaction score
Hi,

After the great support from the community on my last question about cron jobs, I have created a new problem. I decided to move(rename) a directory containing my codeigniter project. when I tried to set a new cronjob for this, my prior cronjobs disapeared and I got the following error:

Error
/usr/bin/crontab: error renaming /var/spool/cron/tmp.XXXXVx57qN to /var/spool/cron/
rename: Operation not permitted.

I can no longer edit or create cron jobs. Anyway it appears I have screwed up my crontab somehow. Is there a way to delete or reset the crontab file?

Thank you:redface:,

Bill

realopti

Reaction score
It seems to have reset, So I should be OK. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

It seems to have happened again,

I am getting the same error. Are their any guidlines on how to prevent this?

Thanks,

Bill

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
File permissions outside of your home directory are beyond your control. This should clear up on it's own. In case it doesn't, I've posted a message for the admins, asking them to look into it.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The word is the error is a consequence of cronjob abuse suspension. It should be unsuspended after a short time. When editing your cron jobs, make sure you don't schedule more than one every five minutes. Read the X10 Wiki article on cron jobs for more.