New Design

Equiflux

Reaction score
I worked a few hours on it, and it's done... What am I talking about?

My new intro page!
http://equiflux-fx.com/

Made entirely from scratch, the layout and everything is a fabrication of my mind. I'm pretty proud of it, so I just wanted to show it off. Haha.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I like your help page. :p

I like the design. Simple, and nice colors.

8/10. I know, its not finished.

Last edited:

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Wow, i like it... well done.

But the colours dont seem right, might be just for me viewing IE, but the background of the images are a light blue, and then blend in with the background when rollover. Is it supposed to be like that?

Oh, and i can see scrollbars where the text is... once again, is it suppose to be like that or is it just me?

Other than that, i liiiike it 8/10

Equiflux

Reaction score
Wow, i like it... well done.

But the colours dont seem right, might be just for me viewing IE, but the background of the images are a light blue, and then blend in with the background when rollover. Is it supposed to be like that?

Oh, and i can see scrollbars where the text is... once again, is it suppose to be like that or is it just me?

Other than that, i liiiike it 8/10

You see light blue because it's a problem with IE 6 and below. All versions below 7 don't support true transparency. To solve this problem, just install sp2, then get IE 7, or use Firefox or Opera if you don't wanna install sp2.

And yeah, I wanted the scrollbar to be there, for when I add more text.

Anyways, thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

Last edited:

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
What is the point of the "Site best viewed at 1024x768" message when the site is that small? It could easily be viewed in 640x480 or 800x600.

The "best viewed in Firefox" should be replaced with perhaps a bar on the top of the screen that only appears for IE6 and IE6-based browsers (check their user-agent) which will inform them the site will not be viewed correctly due to their outdated browser (and perhaps give them links to IE7, Firefox, and Opera). I've looked at it in Epiphany and Opera and it displays fine. Actually, Opera makes it look a bit better because there's no scrollbar on the iframe.

Equiflux

Reaction score
What is the point of the "Site best viewed at 1024x768" message when the site is that small? It could easily be viewed in 640x480 or 800x600.
Yes, the INTRO PAGE(Not the whole site) can be viewed properly with almost any resolution, but I'm building the actual content-holding part of the site to be best viewed in 1024x768, so I just put that notice there ahead of time.

The "best viewed in Firefox" should be replaced with perhaps a bar on the top of the screen that only appears for IE6 and IE6-based browsers (check their user-agent) which will inform them the site will not be viewed correctly due to their outdated browser (and perhaps give them links to IE7, Firefox, and Opera). I've looked at it in Epiphany and Opera and it displays fine. Actually, Opera makes it look a bit better because there's no scrollbar on the iframe.

Well, I agree with having the message bar on the top. Thanks. I want the scroll bar to be on the frame. I mean. It doesn't really matter if it's there right now or not, because it's gonna be there when I add more text anyway.

But thanks for the feedback people. I'll work on improving it.

Irish Punk

Reaction score
i like it, you should update your forums though, 1.3.1 isnt exactly that great. i use 2.3.1, i might upgrade to 2.3.2, but i have so many mods installed and working, i dont think i want to

arsonistx

Reaction score
I'm loving the help page. :p

Aaaand I'd have to say the intro page
is
wonderful :D

Nice job.
8/10 easily

philt

Reaction score
I agree with KowKing, for the first time visitor there is nothing to help them. The icons you have used aren't particularly relevant at all.. its hit and miss as to whether you will get the page you want. I suggest adding a module that says what each 'button' will take you to when rolled over.

IllusionGames

Reaction score
i give it a 9/10 (the help page took down a point i'm no noob >=P) i love that kind of high-tech-ish images and on websites w00t =P good job ^^

arsonistx

Reaction score
I would pay you good x10 credits to teach me how to make those things look so shiny. o.0