New Domain

graphix-invasion

Reaction score
I bought a domain name, but I'm not sure how to set it up . . . I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm just so confused, and I don't really know where to start. Obviously this is my first time buying a domain, and I don't want to mess anything up. So, can anyone tell me where and how to start?

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Do the following:
1) Go to your domain registrar website, and log in with your account/domain.
2) Look where you can set up the dns of the domain, and point them to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com
3) After waiting some time (it takes time for the domain to refresh the dns, up to 48 hours) log in in your x10hosting cPanel.
4)
A- If you want your domain to be your main site, in cPanel select "Parked domains", and park the domain you bought.
B- If you want your domain to be created in a subfolder, select "Addon domains", and add the domain you bought. You'll need to put also the name of the subfolder, and a password for entering by FTP.

If you still have problems, just post again ;)

Good Luck!
fedlerner

graphix-invasion

Reaction score
Hmm . . . I got this error when I tried to park it.

Bind reconfiguring on cossacks using rndc Error reconfiguring bind on cossacks: rndc: connect failed: connection refused Bind reconfiguring on ciroc using rndc Bind reconfiguring on skyy using rndc

The domain parked, but it doesn't work.

Chris Z

Reaction score
i think it usually says that, give it a day or two so it can propogate throught your directories, it should work soon

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
So what is this domain i wannacheck out your site xD