New Forum Design From sunils

sunils

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have started to design a new forum for my site and also like to sell it out.
Here i am attaching a screen shot of the home page which has been designed for your viewing.
Review it and tell me what else can be put up to improve user visit.
All type of suggestions are welcome.
........................................................................................................

Hope you like the design..........................................................................

Thanks for reading my post......................................................................

Attachments

• homepage.gif
    homepage.gif
    140.9 KB · Views: 42

Mitch

Reaction score
Is that forum new or based on a other forum script. A script like Phpbb , VBulletin.

port5900

Reaction score
Its a new forum that i am designing from scratch.
I was just looking it over, when you said from scratch you mean like you did all the coding? If so then dam your good. I would like to make a theme for it(some time this year a bit too busy now). I like all the simple features it has, i guess thats what makes it so fast.

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
I was just looking it over, when you said from scratch you mean like you did all the coding? If so then dam your good. I would like to make a theme for it(some time this year a bit too busy now). I like all the simple features it has, i guess thats what makes it so fast.

Thanx for the offer. Yes i did all the coding. Still testing what to include and what to omit.
Suggest some features that you would personally like to have in a forum etc....

All type of suggestions are welcomed. Its this suggestions that will become a really tomorrow.

Thanx for all those who have viewed and reviewed it.

mac173

Reaction score
The graphic at the top left looks like it has writing on it, but it is so distorted I cannot read it. If it is not supposed to be read, then that is not clear from the graphic.

Everything goes right to the edge on both sides. A little border would improve readability and visibility.

The status graphics all have a border. Would look better without them.

I like a forum where I can look up all my own posts easily. I seldom remember the thread I posted in, and cannot just sit and wait for replys. Most forums you have to look up a post you made then click your name to get that. Should be in the User CP at the least.

I also like to be able to sort forums by headings. Like, click on Forum name or Posts, and it sorts by that.

I am impressed that you coded this from scratch. Nice job.

What language did you use?

sunils

Reaction score
Thanks for the review.

I am using php to code the forum.

About the graphics, currently i just used an image. its noting to do with the forum.
About your requirement, I asked people what they need in the forum. Every one has different ideas and different tastes.
About your idea, i will certain take measure in doing it.

This is just a screen shot of the forum homepage.
You can go to http://techforum.sunils.co.cc to view the forum in action.
Remember its in the early stage. Do not register in the forum.
I have not updated the pages as i am busy with updatation in my own site after all the server issues was resolved.

I call upon everybody to review the forum and post me what they want from a forum.