new layout in photoshop

nexhunter

Reaction score
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9061/template2copyig6.png

I am working on a second template i am going to move the first template which is still being worked on into the gfx community as most of it will be driven around the forums not the website.

For this layout i am using adobe photoshop to design and slice. For the theme i am trying to head towards is an dark grey/black feel with orange text that looks like it is pushing up for main stuff. I am still working on the news and update box and the content box plus with the color of the 2nd background which if i can code it right will be able to go up and down with the expanding of the content box. I will also be changing the logo text from all orange with shadow drop to more of an black and orange gradient and try to get it to curve a bit inwards so it looks like it is following the smoke trail.

As again criticism is welcome as long as it is controllable.

Last edited:

alquimistabiologico

Reaction score
I really don't like it.

The font is to infantile and very big. Maybe if you resize it, could look better.
The color of the site is very monotonous, Try a gradient for the background, from darker to clearer.
There's an error on "History" button, it says "Hsitory".

That's all!!

Slothie

Reaction score
Don't like it. Fonts are giving it a very unprofessional look and the gradients just stick out at you, doesn't integrate very well with the background.

2/10

deaddevil

Reaction score
It is nothing professional, the photoshop techniques you went for are bad.
You cannot make a website layout that way, maybe tutorials may help.
I would rate it 2/10 at the most.

GFXDude2010

Reaction score
You need some crisper text, nothing squigly. For the logo, it's fine because it goes with the "smoke" but the rest needs to be crisp and sharp. Also, the gradient's are just plain, and stick out to much... You should make them blend and not have so much of an edge.

2/10 sorry, ='(