New Nintendo DS

deathball619

Reaction score
What do you thing of the new nintendo ds call the DSI they're releasing? It has two cameras one on the inside one on the outside both 0.3 megapixels. It will have a SD card slot and improved speakers. It shall look like a DS Lite but be twelve percent thinner than the DS Lite and the Screen which was 3.00 CM is increased to 3.25 CM. So overall what do you think of the new DSI? The releasing will be in japan November the first 2008 for 18900 Yen.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Owning two DS Lites right now I really don't understand the reasoning for them to make a new DS. It seems like it's more of a way for them to directly challenge the PSP on media features.

It'll most likely sell through the roof though.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
A 0.3 megapixel camera isn't a very strong camera, so if anything it's probably for competing with the PSP. If the DS does want to compete with the PSP, they should consider making it an MP3/WMA player, Internet device (with built in browser) and some more titles that people like.

mikakitty

Reaction score
A 0.3 megapixel camera isn't a very strong camera, so if anything it's probably for competing with the PSP. If the DS does want to compete with the PSP, they should consider making it an MP3/WMA player, Internet device (with built in browser) and some more titles that people like.

I totally agree on the megapixels its weak i hope they reconsider that......

Two of them too? Thats strange......

As for the psp and the DS ...... they are completely different...... cant compare the two ...... completely different games and completely different game play......

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I totally agree on the megapixels its weak i hope they reconsider that......

Two of them too? Thats strange......

As for the psp and the DS ...... they are completely different...... cant compare the two ...... completely different games and completely different game play......

They are competing directly in the same market. Although the DS obliterates the PSP in sales, the PSP is doing very well on it's own.

Another thing to note Smith, this new DS SKU will make use of an SD card reader built in for media functions such as mp3 playback and movies.

Domenico

Reaction score
It seems like a cool device, sure it's not going to be the best media player or photo camera but wouldn't you rather have a videogame player with an ok mp3 player and digital camera in it then a crappy videogame player with a awesome mp3 player and camera in it?

It's just like the Nintendo Wii, it COULD play DVDs but Nintendo doesn't want to make the Wii have that ability because everyone has DVD players. Think of the new DS and a crappy camera and mp3 player because everyone has better cameras and mp3 players.

There's 2 cameras because one's for gameplay and one's for taking pictures of stuff like a regular camera.

Last edited: