New Orleans......Ever?

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago there was a giant hurricane that hit New Orleans called Katrina. It completely put New Orleans in Shambles. Houses below water. People trapped.Dead bodies floating around. 1000's of people coopt up in the dome. People being beaten and harrassed. People breaking in to stores to steal stuff. The police lost control. Will this city of New Orleans ever be back to the way it was. Will there ever be a big population there again. If there will be when. DO you think they should rebuild New Orleans? And if they should why?

dsfreak

Reaction score
I do indeed think that in about a year or two, New Orleans should be functional and fully inhabitable again. I think that they should take extreme effort to rebuild New Orleans quickly, but not so quickly it all sucks. Why? Why not? Think about it, if your city was New Orleans, wouldn't you want to have it rebuilt? Besides that fact USA government has plenty of money, espically with the donations from other countries. Finally, since they are sending the navy, army, and MORE police, everything like crime and raping should be under control.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
of course itll be back to the way it was
but obviously the city will be flushed of its corrupt government..

you can blame the former fema chief for those who drowned
he didnt find out until days after the hurricane hit

after bush fired him, his response was 'im going back to my home in washington, having a margarita with enchiladas, hugging my wife and family dog'

what an ignorant jerk if you ask me.. most of those people in new orleans would do anything to have food right now.. turned out that he was formerly a horse trainer and only gained the position by a referral from a friend of his.. he should be imprisoned if you ask me.

elite1percent

Reaction score
Of course the city will be rebuilt. It will take a year or two for it to be complete. The city won't change that much. New Orleans has always been what it is. It was here before Louisiana and it has a very shady past. The city has a very public very dark side and that will never change. Why should it be rebuilt? Well its a part of this country. One of that areas oldest cities.

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
Thats true bit I still dont think people will move back. Or atleast not everyone! And why are they keeping the football team?

B

Brandon

I really disagree to rebuild New Orleans. Maybe in 5 years another hurricane like Katrina will hit and wipe out the city killing thousands. If they are going to rebuild New Orleans build it somewhere else!

Se7en

Reaction score
Good Old New Orleans, have faith on her... she will recover

rainboiboi

Reaction score
Yeah, she will recover. I hope soon enough. Anyway, I hope they will rebuild it even though the people there have lost EVERYTHING. Sad.