New person's first site (or not)

duffym

Reaction score
Well, I've never used web development tools outside of drag-and-drop online things and blog templates, so I'm very new at this, but I want to learn it because web design seems a more and more essential career skill, and seems like a powerful creative canvas too.

Anyways, though, this site isn't "mine" per say, but I did construct it using HTML tables and a CSS style sheet as directed by an Adobe tutorial here.

I'm looking for feedback on if I did a good job (looks right, functions on variety of browsers/monitors you're using), and that sort of thing (by the way every link leads to a menu.html). Also, though, I'm kind of curious about how any of you would recommending a person new to all this approaching learning from the bottom up. It seems like these Adobe Flash FMA and FLV projects like the two featured on the tutorial site are pretty handy if not essential set pieces on modern web pages, but learning flash is a whole 'nother ball game from dream weaver (which I used to make this). I have access to all the software, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all I guess. I have a pretty good grasp on how to use HTML and CSS now, but from what I gather these are like the "easiest" languages to use?

Thanks for looking! :biggrin:

- D

ASPX.King

Reaction score
wow, i see someone actually went through the tutorial... i started it when i was learning dreamweaver, but never finished...

it looks just like their sample

flash is not essential for a modern website, but it helps to keep it from being static, never-changing. i'm a professional website designer, i've made several fair sized websites, but i've only used flash on one of them, and even then, it was just a small animation on the home page. the rest did not use flash, they used HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

I'd recommend you wait on the flash, and learn HTML and CSS, then learn Javascript.

booksgo

Reaction score
It looks good and professional, works well with Opera, well done!