New policy (just recieved the email)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecureStealth

Reaction score
ok so i just recieved an email that told me that i need to have a "linked forum account with [my] hosting account". so am i linked? the username i use to log into the cpanel is different than the username im using on the forums so does that mean they aren't linked? do i need to make a new forum account?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I dunno. My cpanel name and forum name are just like one letter off of each other. I followed the instructions ( I don't think the names matter, honestly ) ... goto account, modify account ... click the link it tells you, put in your cpanel username ... they send you an e-mail to verify ...

My only problem is when I got the e-mail, I clicked the link - it told me to log in ... I did, its still not linked. :rant2:

So, I dunno. Wish I was more help for ya. If you followed their instructions and everything worked, then you are happily linked.

disturbedart

Reaction score
you have to login before clicking the link. try it now starshine and it will work the account will be linked to your cpanel and to your forums account happy linking heheh

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
SecureStealth said:
ok so i just recieved an email that told me that i need to have a "linked forum account with [my] hosting account". so am i linked? the username i use to log into the cpanel is different than the username im using on the forums so does that mean they aren't linked? do i need to make a new forum account?

The names can be completely different.

-Corey

Tomballa

Reaction score
When I go to cPanelLink.php to link the account, I get this error:
Code:
[B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected '"' in [B]/home/corey/public_html/forums/includes/linkFunc.php[/B] on line [B]7[/B]

takuhii

Reaction score
SecureStealth said:

How does this help maintain the accounts though, I linked my accound up fine, but I don't see the cohesion??

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Tomballa said:
When I go to cPanelLink.php to link the account, I get this error:
Code:
[B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected '"' in [B]/home/corey/public_html/forums/includes/linkFunc.php[/B] on line [B]7[/B]

That should be fixed, I was editing the file and caused that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.