New Site Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
x10 is proud to launch our new file hosting service.

http://www.filevip.com

Please test it out and give us feedback. It is currently in beta and we'd like it tested 100% before releasing it to the public.

Thanks!

-Corey

Colin

Reaction score
I want to try it out, but I don't want to break TOS, but when I go to TOS I get the page cannot displayed thing, I'm going to try it in firefox.

EDIT: It works in firefox, but not IE for me I'll try again later

Last edited:
M

minievan

Everything works for me, brilliant. good luck for the future :

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
hyper89 said:
I want to try it out, but I don't want to break TOS, but when I go to TOS I get the page cannot displayed thing, I'm going to try it in firefox.

\

How doesn't it "work in IE"?

Colin

Reaction score
NedreN said:
hyper89 said:

\

How doesn't it "work in IE"?

NOTE: It works now
but before in IE when I clicked on the TOS or contact us would come up with the this page cannot be displayed... check your browsers settings etc etc.

As for feedback it would be nice if on the main screen you display a message saying that the links will be sent to your email.

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
wroks fine to me, looks nice... wasnt this called something else ;)

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
oh yay sweet this rocks..

i cant wait for it to be operational etc.

lol corey we need a forum thread that has all the websites that you've created that can benefit x10 members..

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
We won't need to do that in a few more weeks. :)

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Seems to work great in Opera here. I just have one suggestion: On the page that is displayed after a file is uploaded, the Times New Roman font and all doesn't really fit in with the font style used on the homepage. Same goes with the page that is displayed when a file is deleted.

Other than that this looks like a great service -- I'll definitely bookmark it for later use. I like how the site emails the file link and delete file link to you... I have a habit of losing my download links on sites like these.

--Cynical

EDIT:NedreN! Three more posts and you're 1337 (or just change ur post count because your an admin now...)!

Last edited:

moose

Reaction score
Awsome stlye. Great thing to add.

Who made the layout?

masterchief3k

Reaction score
it looks the same as the previous one... what's so big about it?

:spank:

Last edited:

Album

Reaction score
I tried it out and it's pretty good :) it can help conserve space on sites... What's the maximum amount that can be uploaded total?

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I heart vipfile.com! It's a great site comon guys it tis the best 100 mb! the best and the biggest!

Colin

Reaction score
are there any restrictions on it? max file size, file types, number of files??

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Phil said:
I heart vipfile.com! It's a great site comon guys it tis the best 100 mb! the best and the biggest!
filevip.com Phil

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Alejandro said:
Phil said:
filevip.com Phil

lol at least he didnt mispell it entirely..
will filevip be only used for email purposes? or will files be uploaded to servers where you can distribute files as links?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It's uploaded and can be distributed, there is a limit of uploads per IP per day but is not currently set for beta. Current max size is 100 Megs per upload. There are many things that can be limited like downloads per day, etc. I don't believe any of them are on for this beta, I want to see if there is anything wrong with the script first before I put restrictions like that ;)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.