New Site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the new x10 site. Please check out all the new features and pages. Most of the changes to x10 have been on the back-end to help automate the site and make it easier for people to get, use, and maintain their hosting. We did not get to finish EVERYTHING we wanted to for today, so I have made a list of changes below.
Completed:
  1. New Site, New sign-up system, a whole different type of free hosting available(Instant).
  2. New paid plans with sign-up system.
  3. New Forums
  4. Points have been increased to allow for purchase of extra items.(Read below on new points system).
  5. x10 Radio, 3 stations available to use on the site. This will be available for the next few days to everyone then will require points to use.
  6. A Forge for projects(I'll let Richard post about this later).
  7. Points that are given per post are now based on how long and relevant your post is and not just the post. You are given a base point amount for each thread\reply and it is added on from there.
  8. New forum rules, be sure to read them.
  9. Tied all of x10's sites together.
A good portion of the changes are things that you can't see to help make everything more stable and automate daily tasks. This will allow us to focus on support and the community more.

Coming soon(All over 70% Done):
  1. Earn points on ALL x10 websites.
  2. User panel, you will beable to upgrade\downgrade your own account. Check to make sure you are in compliance with ads. (Pretty much do anything we do now for you, on your own).
  3. Multiple ways to earn points, downstream referal earnings.
  4. x10Rewards, a site that ties in the points from the x10 network where you can purchase items, upgrades for hosting, and anything point related that's not on the forum, buy and maintain own advertising campaigns.
  5. Extra services being, Image Hosting, File Hosting, and Forum Hosting.

Most of these changes you will see coming in the next two weeks, due to the damage they can cause if not tested properly it was decided that these be delayed to make sure they are 100% safe and working.

Points System:
Besides things you can buy on the forum this will be handled through a new site called x10Rewards. We are going to be giving you many more ways to earn points(Image Hosting, File Hosting, Doing nothing). You will also beable to earn points for people viewing OUR ads on your site. So the ads you currently have to have, you will get points everytime someone views them.

We also have a referral system implemented (Currently only on the forums, but will be added to all sites) that will give you 10% of the points that each person earns who you refer. (This does not include them winning contests or prizes). So if you refer someone and they make 1,000 posts on the site, not only will they have a ton of points, you will get 10% of those points just for referring them.

Lastly, special thanks goes out to NedreN(Bryon) for not sleeping in the past month and working on all these new features for everyone. I'd also like to thank the rest of the staff, everyone has put in a great deal of time and effort to make all this available to you. Please make sure to thank them for their hard work!!!

I'm sure I've missed some features above as there have been so many changes to everything. If I think of more I'll add them in later. Please feel free to post any questions about any of the new features.

Thanks for being a member at x10!

-Corey

Show your support for x10 by using our bar in your sig ;) Thanks to Brandon for the userbar.

Attachments

• USERBAR.gif
    USERBAR.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Re: New Site!(Copied from Announcements)

COOL! YAY FOR COREY AND STAFF! Let me be the first to say! WOOT!!!!! I LOVE THE NEW X10!!!!

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score

YAY Nes site dam Microtech XP beat me well done team great new forum and site looks amazing.

Cynical

Reaction score

Everything looks great! Congrats on all the upgrades, although I've found one error on the main site so far:

On page http://www.x10hosting.com/testimonials :
Warning: main(./pages/testimonials.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/corey/public_html/parts/mainpage.inc.php on line 89

Warning: main(): Failed opening './pages/testimonials.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/corey/public_html/parts/mainpage.inc.php on line 89

EDIT: Found something else... on the home page it says x10 Advanced gets 2 MySQL databases, whereas on http://www.x10hosting.com/hosting?type=free it says x10 Advanced gets 3...

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score

Fixing it now. Thanks.

swirly

Reaction score

Yayayayayayayayayay! This Looks Awesome!!! Wooopie!

MicrotechXP

Reaction score

Dose the thief work? Because I see it and where is the shop?

Dub_Dude

Reaction score

Welcome back!! Site is looking excellent and the new features sound excellent!! Well Done on a job well done guys!!

DuB

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score

AWESOME SITE HUYS> IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! COngrats Corey and Nedren and all the x10 staff for a job well done!!!

MicrotechXP

Reaction score

Dub_Dude said:
And the shop is in the "x10 RPG"
Thats only for the RPG. I am talking about the main shop. :hsdance:

N

Nathan

Congratulations of the rebirthing of x10Hosting.

No exclamation points or capital text? Here THIS!!! MAY HelP!!!!

B

Brandon

No I think he means the one with the Domains, Advertisment, Title Change.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score

I'm not going to take any credit for the site or forums. Corey, Bryon, Jake and others also. WOW! VERY VERY NICE! Great work the site looks AWSOME! the forums, wow.. There has just been so much added and it looks wonderful. great job guys *claps*

MJJOS

Reaction score

Great work on the new site, I think its brilliant! I will be recommending your new site to anyone looking for a great hosting package! Not that I was not doing that already... :D

Thanks to all the x10 team involved!

trevor51590

Reaction score

I agree! This new site is awesome. I love the arcade too!

Thanks so much!

MicrotechXP

Reaction score

Thanks a lot! I see it now! I love the new options in the shop! :)

Cynical

Reaction score

Haha, nice battle music for the RPG thing ("Bulls on Parade", RATM).

Is there a way (in the user CP) to change the appearance of posts so that the traditional formatting is applied (avatars, etc. on the left, post to the right)? I've never seen them set up like this, it's interested but will definitely take getting used to.

EDIT: New error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/corey/public_html/parts/navigation.inc.php on line 23
(index)

EDIT 2: Just wondering, when are the top sites going to be back? Obviously you want to get the rest of the site and forum 100% first, or are they already back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.