New Version Of Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveflexfuel

Reaction score
I had to update my web content and visuals to draw in more customers. About 3% of my visitors purchased a product. I am trying to improve my sales rates. If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave them.

www.driveflexfuel.com

tittat

Reaction score
Your logo seems to be blurred.Same the case of other images too.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'd say the main problem of your site is that it looks old. The banner, as mentioned above, is part of that impression.

Other examples:
The gray background feels like I'm using Windows 98, which definitely doesn't feel modern.
The white menu background fades in nicely but is maybe too plain. Adding a discreet pattern to it could be nice.
You could also enhance the subtitles (Products, Information, etc.). Maybe rounding their corners like the rest of the site would do the trick.
Your top horizontal navigation bar (Home, Contact us, etc.) doesn't have a very appealing tone to me. Maybe you could try a more lively blue font.
The bottom bar feels a bit lonely. Maybe you could just remove it and place its content inside the dark grey one.
On this page <http://www.driveflexfuel.com/store/8VAT.php> and probably all similar pages, you have a "Varify promo" button instead of Verify. Such mistakes can help rebuke customers who want to make sure the seller can be trusted before purchasing.

I think that pretty much covers it for me.
And thank you for the environment ;)

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
In my opinion, you should make it little more appealing to draw more visitors to your site. It looks simple and ordinary.

JuniorD

Reaction score
usually, in the web 2.0 world, using a actual photograph for a logo is a no-no. Usually you just go with glossy text with a few simple effects.

driveflexfuel

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. I am going to work it a little the next couple days and ill post here to let you know when it is updated if anyone else would like to give some suggestions please feel free while I am working on it.

driveflexfuel

Reaction score
I took some of the advice given and applied it to the site there are several changes. Please let me know what you think

xmakina

Reaction score
Your forums are riddled with spam. That doesn't look very good at all.

And your images need some work. They look very... cheap.

swirly

Reaction score
Your local station widget doesn't work either. Gave me PHP errors.

goldy300

Reaction score
I can see too many different styles of font and font sizes. You need to change that header. The clarity of the image is dull and poor; although I think you can have a photo in a header... just not as the whole header. Even if you opened it in photoshop and gave it an inner stroke the same color as the gray framing the body. But better just to get rid of it all together. I think the nav doesn't look good the way it sits there apart from the header and apart from the body.

I think the header and body would look better joined and perhaps use some rollovers in place of the nav you have there.

Contrast and white space isn't too bad but you could freshen up things with a whole new design.

Status
Not open for further replies.