News Management

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a good news management script?

I'd like to be able to use a form to add in news and then have it appear on the main page of my site... and that the script automatically takes the 11th and above news article on the main page into an archive that I can embed into another page.

Thanks in advanced... I'm now trying out a couple of them... not that I'm just letting people do the figuring out for me. I'm putting this out so if anyone who knows a good one can save me some trouble.

- Aurey

nicholas

Reaction score
You can check out the Content Management System in the Fantastico.

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
What I want to do is make my own main site with frontpage and then have the news section automatically added into the news section with some codes or something...

Something like Drupal but with the new stories/articles on a page outside of drupal...

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I understand you want the news from your forum to show up on the homepage you are making with front page. is this correct ?

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
You're partly right. I want the news from a "form". like to be able to just add in an article without reediting the whole page through frontpage. I'm not sure if it might work on a forum.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
In the forum software I use (smf) they have a section in the admin panel that allows me to add news to a "news Fader" on the index page without editing the whole page. This is what your talking about I think. only having to edit a part of the page with out doing the whole thing at once all the time. "Hotscripts" should have something like that, or try smf out from the cpanel in fantastico. If this is for a forum you are trying to make.

Articz

Reaction score
no no no no i think hes trying to find what bigguys saying but not for a forum he wants to be able to type the news into a FORM not a forum and the form will add the news to the main page. i would think your best bet is to go to Hotscripts as bigguy said and search for it there.

Maurice

Reaction score
CuteNews and Fusion are the scripts you are looking for. How it works:

You login to the admin/journalist panel and select add article , you fill in the stuff and click submit and it appears on your site(Any page you want). If this isn't what you're looking for... my bad

Articz

Reaction score
@BigEmmaFanz nice site you got there
@ademonicbaby Thankx For The Link

EDIT BTW i got onto the cutephp site and Ccutenews looks great as you dont have to use a mysql as i am running out of them so quickly