Newsletter Mailer

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
I am looking to build a script, or collection of scripts in PHP that will allow to send a newsletter to users from an SQL database.

I've been researching some of the systems that are available, currently, but none seem to fit with the system that is envisaged; as what I am trying to achieve is something that won't trip anti-spam measures, and also be able to send to a large group of recipients at the same time; whilst being able to send the mail in HTML format (as the mails will contain quite a lot of images, due to the nature of the project; as we want to be able to send a "web-page" type newsletter, in the style of Tech-republic, and others).

Most of the systems that are currently on the net, or in tutorials seem to either be to send to one person only at a time, or they do not support the HTML codes.
If anyone knows of something that is already available Open Source, or some scripting that could be built to fit this purpose, then I would really be appreciative!

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I have had a look at both, and I think that PHPList suits what I was looking for much better.

I have shown the work I was doing on PHPList to my boss, and he was also impressed by it, that he said that I have get it to our server technician for setting up and using it at work, as he thinks it beats the current (paid for) system by a grand margin!

Once again, thanks to all!