Reaction score
YAY.

39 million salary cap.
21 million salary floor.
20% player salay max.
54% of revenues to be cap.
24% salary rollback.
21st to be draft lottery.

+ In my opinon the players gave up way to much, but I'm glad a deal has been reached. I'd fking kick anyone who says that this was all the players fault because if they didn't do what they did we would probably not have hockey next season either.

+ Check your local news sites if you need more info.

What are your guys thoughts?

N

Nathan

Overpaid slackers, underpaid workers. My opinion, I hate this type of hockey. Known as corporation hockey.

limelight

Reaction score
Dewayne said:
Overpaid slackers, underpaid workers. My opinion, I hate this type of hockey. Known as corporation hockey.

Overpaid slackers, underpaid workers? Who are you talking about.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
The people that are involved with Hockey he is kinda right i agree with him. They finally agreed and cause of that probelms the season was calceled i think they should always be an agreement.

limelight

Reaction score
chaganlal1 said:
The people that are involved with Hockey he is kinda right i agree with him. They finally agreed and cause of that probelms the season was calceled i think they should always be an agreement.

But who's underpaid and who's overpaid?

The season was cancelled because they couldn't get a deal done. Most would agree that if either sides offered the final CBA earlier on (before the lockout) neither would accept.

There had to be some pain otherwise there would be no deal.

Conor

Reaction score
Can't you figure it out limelight? Heh.

The Leafs are now officially SCREWED along with the Red Wings and some others. HOw are we (the Leafs) supposed to keep all of our superstars with this kind of cap!

limelight

Reaction score
Conor said:
Can't you figure it out limelight? Heh.

The Leafs are now officially SCREWED along with the Red Wings and some others. HOw are we (the Leafs) supposed to keep all of our superstars with this kind of cap!

I'm sure your a Leafs fan, seeing that you live in Toronto.

Here's some reassureance that the Leafs will be contenders this season.

The Leafs are far from screwed. With players like Mogilny saying they are willing to play for 2 million (far from the 5 million he would have gotten) is great. If Allison and Lindros sign for about 1.5 or 2 million like everyone expects then we've got our top two lines.

Roberts (2) Sundin (6.8) Mogilny (2) = 10.8
Tucker (1.5) Allison (1.5) Lindros (1.5) = 4.5

Buy out Nolan and you get more space.

Our second line from last season becomes our third and Stajan takes over for Nieuwy. Our forth line stays the same except we add our latest draft pick.

Antropov (1.8) Stajan (0.8) Ponikarovsky (1) = 3.6
Kilger (1) Kukumberg (0.5) Domi (0.7) = 2.2

Defense and Goaltending stays the same. And for fun say we sign Foote. And we don't re-sing Klee.

McCabe (3.45) Kaberle (2.2) = 5.65
Foote (3.5) Colaiacovo (1) = 4.5
Pilar (0.6) Berg (1) = 1.6

Belfour (4.5)
Tellqvist (0.5) = 5 on goalies.

Total Salary = 37.85

And the caps at 39 million, just incase some players ask for more. Also, I think I have Antropov's salary wrong should be lower because of rollback.

Conor

Reaction score
Are those the rumors? Allison and Lindros? :grin:

Keep Klee and get rid of Pilar and Berg.

limelight

Reaction score
Conor said:
Are those the rumors? Allison and Lindros? :grin:

Keep Klee and get rid of Pilar and Berg.

Dammit I had a long post ready and I lost it because I had to install the new FireFox. AGH.

Yea, appartantly Allison and Lindros are 110% but no teams will risk it. They want either full price (5+ millish or a hometown discount of 1.5 millish to play with the Leafs). Most likely Lindros signs long term and Allison signs for one season to show that he still has his skills.

As for Klee Berg and Pilar.

Pilar had 2 goals last season in 50 games on the last pairing.
Klee was always on the second for most of the games and had only 4. (3 more then when he played with Gonchar on the first line a year before)

Berg is just hated too much.

Conor

Reaction score
I still think Klee has a lot of potential. Obviously the Leafs need defence though, that has always been their weak point.

limelight

Reaction score
Conor said:
I still think Klee has a lot of potential. Obviously the Leafs need defence though, that has always been their weak point.

Potential?

LMAO, he's 34.

Pilar has potential. Berg has some potential. Colaiacovo has loads of potential.

Defense isn't the Leafs weak point, defense is the Leafs (prospect wise) strongest point, they have tons of soon to be NHLers. Superstar wingers are the weak point they don't have any. Who's gonna replace Gary? The ufa age being 27 should help, Nash will be avail in 3 years.

Conor

Reaction score
But the future is now for the Leafs. 34 isn't a bad age to come out of your shell. Klee is much better than the slow skating Pilar. Colaiacovo hasn't matured enough yet. Gary, at this rate, will be around for awhile still.

limelight

Reaction score
Conor said:
But the future is now for the Leafs. 34 isn't a bad age to come out of your shell. Klee is much better than the slow skating Pilar. Colaiacovo hasn't matured enough yet. Gary, at this rate, will be around for awhile still.

34 isn't a bad age to come out of your shell? I would say 24 is. Most players retire around this age.

Pilar has alot of unlocked skills.

Colaiacovo was mature enough to play last season, but didn't get enough playing time.