No uploading/FTP file upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coonz

Reaction score
Everytime i try to upload my drupal installation. I've tried compressing it (compressed to just under 20mb) then tried normal file and zip on ftp and still no luck. Also ive tried to do it through the browser but still couldn't, it says"server was reset" or something along those lines.
Just wondering what the problem is, i've got plenty of space.

EDIT: I even tried splitting it up which would make it harder for me and that led to a file of 9mb but still didnt work.

4MB one-by-one works but thats a joke and a half.

Last edited:

bnaylor

Reaction score
I have never heard of that problem before, therefore it leads me to believe it may be a problem with your system. Whats your connection speed? Are you using wireless or LAN?

I knew of similar problems downloading files at a school, the server reset / refreshed the connections to ever system ever x amount of time, thus if i DL or UL was in progress it would shut it down. I would suggest using cpanel file manager to upload and unzip the files.

Let us know.

Coonz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but, i have uploaded plenty of stuff through Cpanel file manager. The only reason i even went to FTP(CuteFTP) is because it wasn't working with my original method.

I don't see why i wouldn't be able to upload files over 4meg. 400mb+ free space

akkudreamz

Reaction score
uploading the file that size through the browser is not very good idea..
i recommend you use an FTP client
no matter how much time it takes you can be sure your files get there...one by one...and the upload can be resumed as well..

bnaylor

Reaction score
uploading the file that size through the browser is not very good idea..
i recommend you use an FTP client
no matter how much time it takes you can be sure your files get there...one by one...and the upload can be resumed as well..

and i can assure you that if you zip the file and upload it you will be 100% sure all your files get there. i never have like ftp because of its slowness.

Status
Not open for further replies.