Not really a review but verification that it works

taha116

Reaction score
Additional info* I am aware most of the links don't work. This is cause i inserted "localhost into areas were it should be something like "192.168.0.197" Its aslo why the CSS may not work. Please still report fully. Thank you for your help!

http://192.168.0.197

-1 Please take a screen shot of the page (including the adress bar and post it below.)

_____The below is only necessary if you cant take a screenshot______

-2A If you cant thats ok please verify that the first title on the page is "Testing" and that it is a wordpress blog and that the CSS is loading.

-2B If not then atleast verify what loads instead? An error page? a router page? What? Thank you soo much for your help!

Thanks again
~Taha

God! just tell me if the link works how hard is it to say... YES... jst do that atlest!
Edit:
Ah god! please test it out!

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
My NoScript add-on is blocking that page from opening in my browser, & I don't really want to un-block it.

zapzack

Reaction score
Why did you give us a local IP? thats an IP assigned by a router.. you would need to forward your ports through your router and give us your external IP..

taha116

Reaction score
Oh ok... Zapzack.

Zen-R dude relax your so suspicious of people. youve seen me on the forums for a while, do i seem like the kinda guy who would ask ppl to visit a site with viruses?

http://207.112.125.13/

I think that's it, according to the homepage on this site anyways. http://www.whatismyip.com/

zapzack

Reaction score
Good.. you got your IP.. Now you need to forward port 80 through your router

taha116

Reaction score
It wasnt forwarded? Ok i know why i think... there were two options... port forwarding and Virtual server.. i know port forward is what im suposed 2 do but Virtual server description fit better. If you would have checkd and told me it didnt work yet i would have felt better about it but ill swich to port forward isnstead of virtual server... 1 minute. ill edit it into the post when im done.

Edit:

Done! Its loading for me now perfectly without internal IP, but i need you guys to verify its all good still.... I am gona fix the pages CSS now. I will be taking the server down soon though as i am still testing this stuff out.

http://207.112.125.13/

I have a major concern.. when i visited my IP usually it used to load my router page. Now it forwards it to my other computer wich i am using for server testing. How can i load the router page again if i needed to do some work or change settings? What would i do? Could i force it not to forward me to my other computer? Im pretty sure this is how its setup. My main router-> wireless thingy (I believe its a router too) -> My server.

Oh and zen-r I only uploaded 2-3 Trojans :biggrin: . That's all

(Im kidding, just adding this so no one gets scared of me and like tells an admin to ban me cuz im spreading viruses)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Zen-R dude relax your so suspicious of people. youve seen me on the forums for a while, do i seem like the kinda guy who would ask ppl to visit a site with viruses...

1) I only posted to alert you of the problem with the link you originally posted here. I didn't say the problem was necessarily caused by viruses. Zapzack's follow-up post confirmed that the link wasn't suitable for viewing your site.

2) Script blocking is useful for other things besides just virus blocking.

3) You may not knowingly have uploaded a virus, but they may have been on your site, never-the-less.

4) You, yourself could do with being more cautious about getting viruses. I seem to remember you only just recently posting this thread! ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/computers-technology/99101-virus-attack-my-computers.html

:biggrin:

taha116

Reaction score
Yea logical as that may sound... but think, i installed linux and formated my computer and didnt transfer anything from any other PC to this computer since... I might have checked my mail on this... like twice... and it was my private e-mails i use when i need to do something like hand in my resume and dont want to put dragonscourge(at)ive.ca. I do believe you noticed the installing linux topic? Did you not?

And there is no point in lieing and saying you didnt hesitate cuz of a virus attack cuz you did. I wasnt born yesterday mate.

That being said lets not argue. I Dont have anyviruses on my computer... infact since i installed xubunutu in that topic later on if you keep track i said im doing regular ubuntu so i re-formated it twice. And so recently... Im not a virus magnet either so please dont worry. And if you would be so kind as to mention weather the ink is working in your next post i would be delighted to hear good news.

~Thank you

P.S I dont blame you for being cautios.. its for being over cautious i guess.

_________________-

Lol note setup a domain for it then screwd up by changing wordpres to dragonscourge.co.cc instead of the other .co.cc domain i had. It will probably redirec u to my other site so ignore it ill fix it ASAP

Yet again edit-

Fixed and updated! This url or the IP above both work... I feel kool inside..
http://playrobotrage.co.cc/

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Actually, NoScript can prevent "exploitation of security vulnerabilities", which isn't the same thing as "viruses".

And the warning NoScript gave me was from the Application Boundaries Enforcer - which was nothing to do with viruses.

So why you wish to say that I'm lying about thinking you had a virus, I don't know, & I don't appreciate it.

Which computer you post on or upload to your website may be quite different from the computer you are installing Linux on - so that comment was irrelevant.

Finally, why don't you just use a site like this one, to see what your website looks like on all manner of different browsers, & save us all the agro?! ;

http://browsershots.org

(you can thank me for giving you this link, later ;) )

Last edited:

taha116

Reaction score
Well... again youve confused me but ill try to make the wise decision and say im sorry before i hurt myself.

As revenge for posting soo much and not going through the agro of clicking the bloody link i choose to thank you now for the link! HaH! how da ya like dem apples!

And its rendering the stuff now... i should have only selected a few browsers instead i had left 60 checked.

taha116

Reaction score
Yeah loaded it already in that. thanks again to zen... Im sooo happy! i actually setup a dedicated server! my internet speed isnt too fast though. Something i should look into.

Anyways I guess this topic is resolved now.
I still have soo many questions i dont know how i even pulled thorough all of the options i had to pick from when i was port forwarding. It was confusing.