[OFF][100 points]New name suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel S

Reaction score
Hi,

My forums currently at http://thecomputerforum.co.uk are not very active and i have decided that I need a new domain since the current one is not very unique. So everybody can enter unlimited amount of times with suggestions for a new name for the site the name needs to be available in either a .com or .org domain. The winner will receive 100 credits and 3 runner ups will receive 20 credits.

Edit: I would like the domain to be shorter than 15 (excluding prefix & suffix) letters and a maximum of 25 letters (excluding prefix & suffix). (I don't mind the domain being long if it sounds really good)

*The more unique the domain is the higher chance you have of winning.

**The new name does not need to have "The" , "Your" etc (I would prefer it with out.)

UPDATE: I will now allow .co.uk, .net , .org and .com domain.

Last edited:

edu2004eu

Reaction score
Here are my suggestions:

thecomputerzone.org
yourcomputerforum.com
thecomputerarena.com
mycomputertalks.org

Last edited:

Daniel S

Reaction score
I have just added a new rules. Because i think some of the entries are too long. So for ease of use / remembering and SEO can you make them reasonable short. Also the new name does not need to have "The" , "Your" etc (I would prefer it with out.) This is why i would like a new name.

edu2004eu

Reaction score
You do realise that only the word computer takes up 8 letters right? I know it doesn't need to contain this word but still...

Daniel S

Reaction score
Okay, I wasn't think correctly.. I have changed it now.

edu2004eu

Reaction score
If you don't like the above... try these ones:

pc-arena.org
computertalks.org
my-pc-hangout.com or mypchangout.com
pcexpertstalk.com (13 chars)

Thanks ;)

Daniel S

Reaction score
Okay, At the moment computertalks.org / pctalks.org is winning.

Wizet

Reaction score
How about pctech.com? I would has chosen .net but since that wasn't allowed I chose .com

Last edited:

Wizet

Reaction score
How about these?

pctip.org
pcgangs.org or.com this one might sound a little off but you are looking for creativity.
ipcforum.org

Wizet

Reaction score
international pc forums or internet pc forums. Can put the s in the end but its your choice.

But there is one more thing ipcforum can stand for and that is iPCForum like the i in iPod.

freecrm

Reaction score
www.pclounge.com
www.pcbar.com
www.pcpub.com
www.pcmeeting.com

(places where people sit and chat!)

My other piece of advice would be to look at more miche areas for search engine optimisation.

The words computer and pc are massively used and the site (from a URL view) will not get automatically highly ranked.

You may do better trying to target a specific sector. You may think that this will discourage users with a general interest but you'll get more hits because of the higher rankings.

For instance, if your site tends to lean toward hardware or software, try to use this.

I know you are trying to keep the address short for easy remembering but this isn't always the best route for optimisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.