Old Style Web Site

afroclocks

Reaction score
I designed an old style web site, quick and easy using front page 3.
Take a look at afroclocks.com and tell me what is needed to make the web site compatable with dial up. People have told me it will not open.

zen-r

Reaction score
It won't load for me either.

How long is it since you set the DNS? (it can take up to 48hrs to propagate).

Have you remembered to set the site as your main domain in your account panel, or as a parked domain in cPanel?

David

IRC: For Cool People!
Reaction score
The Internet is the Internet, it's not like it can just be "Not Compatible" with dial-up, the only thing you would have to worry about is slow connection speeds, but some dial-up connections are faster than some cable connections these days.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
After regaining vision, I have one thing to say. WAY to bright, the yellow is a terrible color, and will make somone close the page out of sheer agony to the eyes. When you said old style, you meant it, A lot could be done with the layout and still load at a resonable speed in dial up. The one major thing for me would be changing the background color.

gomarc

Reaction score
Web Page Analyzer - 0.98 - from Website Optimization
Free Website Performance Tool and Web Page Speed Analysis

Web Page Speed Report
URL: afroclocks.com
Title: Page1
Date: Report run on Wed Jul 8 20:42:11EDT2009

Download Times
Connection Rate Download Time
14.4K............327.55 seconds
28.8K............164.17 seconds
33.6K............140.83 seconds
56K.................84.82 seconds
ISDN 128K......26.53 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps.....3.03 seconds

Analysis and Recommendations
TOTAL_SIZE - Warning! The total size of this page is 421580 bytes, which will load in 84.82 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Consider reducing total page size to less than 100K to achieve sub 20 second response times on 56K connections. Pages over 100K exceed most attention thresholds at 56Kbps, even with feedback.

IMAGES_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your images is 419329 bytes, which is over 100K. Consider switch graphic formats to achive smaller file sizes (from JPEG to PNG for example). Finally, substitute CSS techniques for graphics techniques to create colored borders, backgrounds, and spacing.

Source: http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

afroclocks

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for your comments.
Edit:
Web Page Analyzer - 0.98 - from Website Optimization
Free Website Performance Tool and Web Page Speed Analysis

Web Page Speed Report
URL: afroclocks.com
Title: Page1
Date: Report run on Wed Jul 8 20:42:11EDT2009

Download Times
Connection Rate Download Time
14.4K............327.55 seconds
28.8K............164.17 seconds
33.6K............140.83 seconds
56K.................84.82 seconds
ISDN 128K......26.53 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps.....3.03 seconds

Analysis and Recommendations
TOTAL_SIZE - Warning! The total size of this page is 421580 bytes, which will load in 84.82 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Consider reducing total page size to less than 100K to achieve sub 20 second response times on 56K connections. Pages over 100K exceed most attention thresholds at 56Kbps, even with feedback.

IMAGES_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your images is 419329 bytes, which is over 100K. Consider switch graphic formats to achive smaller file sizes (from JPEG to PNG for example). Finally, substitute CSS techniques for graphics techniques to create colored borders, backgrounds, and spacing.

Source: http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

"How do I use CSS techniques, is this available in FP3, also if I use PNG will I loose any quality????"

Last edited: