Omg Urgent Help Please Someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
I was going to refresh my site and everything..
And I wanted to mass delete members and I deleted everyone including myself!
I have no way of accessing anything..Please I dont know what to do..
Can anyone help me? Omg Im so scared...Please someone answer me.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What script are you using? a forum, its easy to do that through MYsql. Just go into phpmyadmin and create a new account ;)

Well its not a simple as that, you have to do some searching around but im sure you will find it.

Last edited:

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
Ok well I talked to my friend and he told me:

AsPeRiTy says:
just ask them how to run an sql backup through phpmyadmin, tell them its your first time working with phpmyadmin and if u needa know how to get to phpmyadmin through cpanel click on mysql databases then at the bottom there is a link to phpmyadmin

But the cpanel password and username wont work..
I have the information in my PM about it and entered them exactly..
Can you reset the password? Blah...

EDIT: Nevermind about the password part, I forgot Tyler changed it because I gave him ones that didn't work. Sorry bout that lol.

Last edited:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What will making the backup of the database do? do you mean you want to give the backup to your friend so he can fix it?

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
ok no, let me explain: this is MY account on this site. The person you have just been talking to is my co owner/founder of my site so since I was busy all yestereday and so since its basically both of our hosting acct. he posted for support. We were talking on msn and since he doesn't know as much about cpanel and all as I do, he needed your help with running the backup sql.... i dont know how and the forum is an ipb 2.0.4 (or 2.0.something)... can anyone help us? remember we can't log in through ACP since he deleted ALL the members so we would have to do it through phpmyadmin i assume. any help guys?

Chirantha

Reaction score
No I think he has a backup of the database (Working one) if so go to the back part in CPanel and restore your database.

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
Whats the back part? I need a lil more instructions that that..
(Yes its the one now that doesn't know anything lol)

SadistBlue

Reaction score
So he has a back up of the databse? If that's the case you can obtain that file through him, and through cpanel X you can access the "Backup" option, and upload the old database?

Last edited:

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
Ok I did that and its just for making backups..And I already have three.
What do I do?

Last edited:

Chirantha

Reaction score
No its not! You can "restore" the back up there. Make sure you have a backup that was made before your admin account got deleted. Please Note that when you do this some posts will be lost.

SadistBlue

Reaction score
Hmmm... why are they different names? It probably means your trying to update a database (add in this case), but your hosting plan isn't allowing you to do it. Is the backup you originally made done with cpanel X or other means?

Last edited:

SadistBlue

Reaction score
AsPeRiTy said:
No idea...I just want to know how i can fix my forum..

I understand that, but I can't help you if I'm presented with no new information. Do you actually have a database backup you are trying to recover? How many people were in it? Was it really that important?

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
I have a backup, and it had 193 members.
I'm going to start over so I just need to know how to restore my forum.

SadistBlue

Reaction score
If it was a popular forum used, then perhaps it had a built in database backup tool, and a reinstallation of the forum you can just upload your backup in? Since it doesn't appear to belong to cPanel X

SadistBlue

Reaction score
Wait.. what did you delete technically? The files themselves or the database itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.