Online Shopping Website

jaco_don

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to setup a website for ONLINE SHOPPING of Computer hardwares and software ...

www.alienware.com

as of above website targeted user are from India and should

and want it to be very very much user friendly ie Even dummies can use it.

Plz let me know the estimated cost ... how much space and what all stuff will be required
Edit:
Somebody can help me plz

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I think you could use Drupal for your Content Management System with the Shop add-on: $0.00
If you want it to be a huge site you might want a domain (roughly $10 per year) and a paid hosting plan (about $10 per month for top-notch hosting)
You will probably need staff also which will cost about $15 a month.
Yearly cost is about $260 per year but you could cut back and lower the price a lot if you don't have enough money to start out with.
I hope this helps and good luck!
:)

paysurf

Reaction score
I think you could set up a store with Drupal also. Or you could use the preinstalled scripts on Fantastico for a store (x10hosting has Fantastico).
A domain only costs about $5.00/year at us.domaincentral.com
You don't need staff if you're willing to work a few more hours a week. You can host on x10hosting for free, so the entire start up cost would only be $5.00 for your domain. You could even go on ebay and probably find a domain that may fit your site for less than that!

Good luck with your store!

jensen

Reaction score
With DRUPAL you have 2 solid ecommerce modules. The ecommerce and the ubercart. You can also customize your site design quite easily with DRUPAL 6.

The alternative is to go with Joomla! and then get the ecommerce running but you've got to be familiar with Joomla.

So I'd also put my vote for DRUPAL. They've got a strong community that can easily build the site for you. www.drupal.org. Else you can get the big guy www.aquia.com to work on the site for you too.