Oophp

XtronG

Reaction score
Hell there, I have been spending my time learning php lately and know enough to be at a intermediate level. What I want to learn now it OOP with php. Where are some good places I could look to find information on the subject? Any good books? All the tutorials I fond are for beginners, but I'm already past that.

Note: Please don't tell me to search Google, I'm not stupid, I've already searched everywhere.

Thanks alot guys :biggrin:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I've been working with a lot of PHP OOP lately. It is very unusual if you've learned OOP with other C type languages. I would read the official PHP documentation: http://us3.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.php

After that, I've also not found any good references. It seems like many programmers don't like PHP's OOP.

These are the conclusions I've come to:

1. __autoload is simply the best idea ever. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
2. __call will not call __get if you try to access a non-static property statically, but it will call a non-static method statically.
3. 1/2 of the OOP functionality you want to use is in PHP 5.3.0. X10 is on PHP 5.2.8
4. You can implement infinitely many interfaces, but only extend one class.
5. There are no sub-classes.
6. Namespaces are part of rule #3.

Other than that, I've learned by doing and it has been very unpleasant thus far. Good luck :)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited: