Open source cms(searching)

nightscream

Reaction score
First I want to say I'm sorry if I post it in the wrong section, I read the rules about this section and programming section and thought this would be the right place. So now this is my question: Does any one of you know a good open source cms/market mod, something like that because I want to pump my php to a higher level, I've only made small scripts and nothing really big, the times I tried to make big scripts, they worked but it just looked ****ty in my eayes. So I'm hoping that some people can give me a good open source or just a cms or market mod with a source code availlable(free one)

gamerdude

Reaction score
I don't understand what your asking for. I'm currently working on a custom CMS system for File Hosting. I would gladly help you with your system, assuming you are using PHP as I do not know ASP too well.

kkenny

Reaction score
Theirs plenty of free open source ones if that's what your looking for. There really isn't a best one, it's just whatever suits your needs and skills. You should just try google if your so lost. But trust me, it's better to search for a CMS that suits you rather than follow a popular opinion. It may be popular, but it may not suit your needs.

TheMan177

Reaction score
But trust me, it's better to search for a CMS that suits you rather than follow a popular opinion. It may be popular, but it may not suit your needs.
That's right. Try and make a list of what you must have, or what you really want to have in a CMS, search for a product that matches your needs. If you get multiple choices, take a look at their other features and ask yourself what others would benefit you.

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Have a look on this website:
http://www.opensourcecms.com/
It has a large list of CMS'. Also that website has a demo of each CMS so you can try them and find one that you like.

I use Joomla on my website (Link in sig), and there are plenty of MODs/Extensions available, but it isn't always simple to find a suitable mod.

gamerdude

Reaction score
Find some that you like and then install them on your server. Also, I recommend using the file manager from cPanel to upload the compressed file then unzip it to save the time it takes to ftp 15,000 files. 2 minutes or 2 hours, you can pick.

nightscream

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it is not for installing it, I just want to look at some codes how they are build so I know how to sort things and such

kkenny

Reaction score
If you want to build it, just go download a few CMS'es and adapt your own unique style and code into it. That's how Joomla was made. If you need any ideas where to derive your CMS from, J!, Mambo, Drupal, e107, and MODx are good places to start. They have (Somewhat) pretty clean code, it's easy to understand and it's a good start for a new CMS :)