Opinions requested

FireScythe

Reaction score
Hello, as part of my college course I am doing a self initated assignment, and have decided to completely remake my portfolio website, found here:

thefieryscythe.x10hosting.com

I know its not a good website, but I was wondering if you could tell me what you do and don't like about it, such as the colour scheme, layout, content, etc. This would be very helpful as research and would be much appreciated.

curt15

Reaction score
Okey Dokey, going to be what maybe considered a bit mean...

Colours are OK, but im not too sure that red is a good web colour, as its more of a colour that represents anger. Better colours are greys, blue, oranges, greens, even pink at times.

Frames are a bit of a no-no. Learn CSS more, that way you can make a more effective site. The layout is a bit 'new to web design'. Look here for inspiration its got lots of 'site designs that could help you out.

The content is what you put in it. If its your portfolio, then the content is fine. For the image galleries, try something like http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?page=galleryScripts the bottom one of this page. It allows you to load all of the images, without having to open a new window.

Sorry if this puts you down too much or at all. If you want any help, im here. :)

FireScythe

Reaction score
Sorry if this puts you down too much or at all. If you want any help, im here. :)
Not at all! Thats just what i'm after ;). I'd prefer people to be harsh but constructive than give false praise anyday. Thanks for the links too.