Orange Box Discussion

jeffrios

Reaction score
So how does everyone like the orange box that came out last week? "Anyone want some Cake?" :biggrin:

What did you guys think of the story for Episode 2...?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Never heard of it I might as well google it.

manzoor

Reaction score
The Orange Box is a video game compilation created by Valve, which contains Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.

But I haven't played it nor will do because of low PC specs

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The Orange Box is basically one amazing deal...5 games for 60 bucks (360 version is $60, PC is $50).

What surprised me was how much production value they put into Portal. The voice acting was phenomenal and the ending was the best ending to a game I have ever seen. It was also neat to see how Half-Life 2 and Portal are related.

Episode 2 was also very good and it explained a lot about the story. I found parts of the game to be overly difficult compared to the PC version..I think this was due to the lack of accuracy that the controller has. I was missing the mouse and keyboard set up but I pushed my way though and I eventually got used to it.

One thing I absolutely hated was how the vehicle handled. Toward the end of the game it was really frustrating.

Team Fortress 2 is just simply an awesome game with a really cool visual style. Only problem I have, which is probably unique to the 360 version, is the lag. Since games are not dedicated servers they lag quite a bit. That's not to say it always lags but more often than not it feels like someone who is on DSL is hosting.

ethraax

Reaction score
PORTAL IS AMAZING

The best game I've EVER played.

So close to 100% completion.

And the first time through just makes you laugh.

As far as TF2, well it's pretty damn good. There are a couple balance issues, in my opinion, but I expect it to be patched, of course :).

projects

Reaction score
I Got the 360 version, I think this is the best deal around at the moment!

5 games in 1 box and although there are only 3 NEW games, they are all still fun to play through.

Portal is the best by Far! (Companion Cube = <3)

:biggrin:

keyclub

Reaction score
A lot of people buy it from my work. The PC version seems to be doing really well, where I am at least.
It is worth it if you like that kind of game :)

SilentDragoon

Reaction score
Orange Box isn't that demanding, actually. It runs fine on my computer, which I bought for $200 about three years ago.

NSChan

Reaction score
I Think that the orange box is one of the best value for money games ever, all 5 games rock out loud! the HL2 series is impresive as ever, and Episode 2 is awsome, TF2 is a great online game, but quite laggy over XBLive. the iceing on the 'Cake' (lol @ me) is Portal, short but very, VERY sweet! all it needs now is some expansion packs and its perfect

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
It was "Awesome". Portal was the BEST SINGLE PLAYER GAME I EVER PLAYED.

Now we only hope we can get a decent TF2 server up on x10 Gaming :p

NSChan

Reaction score
Thinking about it, we need multiplayer Portal! that would be mental...

Stryke

Reaction score
Never heard of it I might as well google it.
Zomg! Orange Box is probably the biggest package release ever. I am glad they included so many games with it. If you buy the package you are saving a lot of money on individual games like HL2 through Episode two, TF2, and Portal. They are all excellent games. I still play TFC even though it as almost a decade old.

ethraax

Reaction score
Multiplayer portal?

You guys do realize the reason Portal is so much fun is the atmosphere the devs made in the normal game?