Other CMS [apart from Joomla/Drupal]

lionheart8

Reaction score
Apart from Joomla and Drupal, there many but probably less well known OPEN SOURCE CMS that are good, robust, stable & that have many modules to extend usability & good & active support forums. Good CMS like the 2 above can be used for just about anything, be it private sites, community websites, portals, corporate, small or big & busy sites, u name it.

Here is a site listing a good number of them: Home - OpenSourceCMS

I am currently trying out e107. Does anyone have any hands on experience with it?

Anyone using any good CMS that you can recommend?

:hsughno:

Zepheria

Reaction score
e107 is a great CMS. I like it alot although there are not very many skins for it and its smaller then say php-nuke (another great CMS)

Archkronos

Reaction score
MODx is awesome. It is very extendable and has very active forums. It has a skins and mods database of a reasonable size.

It is also regarded as one of the most secure cms systems out there.

disturbedart

Reaction score
E107 is great, i use it a lot and have done since the early days of it.
It has not alot of themes, but a great theme master is akirapowered.com the are teh sex lol. but yea i work with them they make some really good ones every so often.
I use e107 often cause of its flexibility.
Also if you need a hand give us a shout.

-Kyle

Veivei

Reaction score
Dragonfly CMS, I use it, it's alot better than PHPNuke.

lionheart8

Reaction score
It's good to get such a good response on various CMS. :)
I hope it helps in making informed decisions when it comes to selecting one. I am personally over the next couple of months going to test several of them.
Thanks for the information on e107 and the link to a themes site, which I intend to visit as the one's in the package where not too pleasing :p.
I hope I also find some more options for a recipe module (enabling users to share food recipes), that one I found which looked a bit too spartan, at list compared to the one for Drupal or Joomla (though I have failed to install one myself, unless someone i another Joomla-related thread has helped explain how to, after I explained where I got stuck).