Overclocking Ge Force 8800 GTX and 7600 GTS

Joker Boy

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting an Nvidia Ge Force 8800 GTX for $520 flat, no tax. I allready have an Nvidia Ge Force 7600 GTS. When I get the 8800 I am probably going to bridge the two and overclock them both. It uses BIOS and not manual caps on the physical chip.

SHOULD I DO IT???

Any feedback here would be appreciated, thanks! :biggrin:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
It's up to you but you will shorten the life of the cards and possibly your computer if anything goes wrong. overclocking in small incriments is the best thing to do, testing at every step as you go. I don't think I would do it to a computer I use all the time thats for sure. Like I said it's up to you though.

amr1991

Reaction score
You can't SLI two cards that are a different. Only ATI will allow you to bridge them if they are in the same series. Nvidia on the otherhand, it needs to be the same card.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Another good point. With cards that big I don't know why you would want to even try.:dunno:

You can't SLI two cards that are a different. Only ATI will allow you to bridge them if they are in the same series. Nvidia on the otherhand, it needs to be the same card.

Joker Boy

Reaction score

True, but i purchased a $50 adapter which allows you to put them in a sort-of sli'd configuration, but it's not 100% pure bred genuine sli. You still get the power of the two cards though.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
True, but i purchased a $50 adapter which allows you to put them in a sort-of sli'd configuration, but it's not 100% pure bred genuine sli. You still get the power of the two cards though.

As far as i'm aware though, SLI still requires two of the same card for it to work.

Cards from two completely different series, i don't think will work.

Rising

Reaction score
They will not work, Cards must be same generation for adapter to work, I believe you can do it with the 7950 GT and the 7600, but I know for sure you cannot mix SLi Generations