Page isnt showing amongst othe rproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Bullet

Reaction score
i just signed up with x10 hosting. i uploaded all my web files but when i type in my web address/domain name i get a list of folders which some are "parent directory, images, etc". i've tried just having my home/index page uploaded, same. i've tried a simple "hello world" page and still didn't show. i dont know what i'm not doing. please help.

also when i did have all the files upload to the control panel, non of the links worked in the viewer and all the text was misplaced aswell as fonts and such from my css file. whats going on here. if problem is related then i'd appreciate any help. thank you.

Jake Bullet

Reaction score
no just called index.html. i didn't think it would need /php sine there ins't any in it.

n4tec

Reaction score
can you please provide us with the link? thanx.. did you upload the index.html file in public_html or in the home folder or directory which should be located in the public_html directory or folder?

Last edited:

Jake Bullet

Reaction score
thank you n4tec, that stuff you said about public html folders got me thinking and i realised that the files needed to be put in there cause before i just straight uploaded them. now my question is do all normal webpages go in there and images and css go in others or can i just put all the files in there.

n4tec

Reaction score
np.. am glad i helped you.. i think you uploaded in the home directory which has folders like .trash, public_ftp , public_html , www and more.. all files go there.. if you have your css files in a folder called css you can create a new folder for them and call just call it css.. you should find and images folder where you can put your images.. see ya..

Last edited:

Jake Bullet

Reaction score
ok all my normal web pages are in rublic_html but no links work, it says URL / whatever.html isn't on the server, but it is, whats going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.