Parked Domain Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseBurgerMan

Reaction score
Alright, since I managed to login to my Cpanel account, I've had two problems. (troublesome night for me :frown:)

1. I added my domain to the parked domain list. Everything appeared to work fine. I had already set the nameservers correctly, and it redirected me to the usual "there is no website at the address..." page. However, once I installed Joomla at this address, it still hadn't changed. Figuring that maybe I'd forgotten to delete and index.html file, I checked in the file manager. There was only Joomla's index.php. When I go to http://www.dotexe.net/index.php it gives me a 403 forbidden error. I'm sure that the permissions are set correctly. Just to make sure, I used the file manager to chmod it to 777. It still gave me the error.

Wondering if I'd done something silly with my domain parking, I checked out the parked domain section. To my surprise, there were absolutely no domains listed. Naturally finding this to be odd, I attempted to add the domain again. It said that my domain was already parked. I'm a wee bit confused here. Is this normal? I've never had it happen before.

2. I tried to install Joomla on my domain, which strangely showed up in the Fantastico listings, but it told me that
This cpanel version does not support subdomain path detection, please contact your host.
This is probably due to the problem I put above this one. It doesn't worry me too much, since I'm quite capable of installing Joomla manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.