Paypal won't let me login to my forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crypticlogic

Reaction score
I just finished my forum and added the required advert to the bottom of the overall_header.html through the phpbb3 administrator control panel. Then I'd
thought I'd add a paypal donate here button to the left of the ad. So I copied and
past the paypal donate code with div align left and /div wrapped around it and put this code just below the advert for x10 code. Thats when I started getting errors like this
"Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again." So I tried taking the code out by using the same method I used to install the code. That did not work cause I can't log in. So I tried using the cpanel. Ok im in the required file and removed the code. One thing struck me as weird was the after the ad code for x10 I noticed other code that appeared that I did not add. This code goes like this

" <!-- IF S_BOARD_DISABLED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN and (U_MCP or U_ACP) -->
<div id="message" class="rules">
<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
<strong>{L_INFORMATION}:</strong> {L_BOARD_DISABLED}
<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>

How did this code appear out of no where?

When I try to log into my forum as admin I get the missing or incomplete error and sent to the paypal login page. This is weird. even after I removed the paypal code. Im really confused at this point,and any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Chris73

Reaction score
I would suggest maybe seeking information from paypal. I can't see that x10 has any sort of script that would insert that type of code into your website. I would say ask there and see if it was something in that code from the start that might have been bad.

crypticlogic

Reaction score
I'm waiting on a reply from PayPal and from the post I submitted to the phpbb forums. Also, I had a bright idea(those are very rare in my life lol) When I downloaded phpbb3 software I made a backup copy before I install phpbb onto my x10 account,so I thought I upload and over write the current overall_header.html where I inserted both the x10 required ad and the paypal donate here button.(btw both works great on my forum) and I still get the error message of being incomplete or missing and still get shipped to paypal website. This is with a virgin overall_header.html. I did not alter any other file under the phpbb3 folder. I'm thinking of just scrapping the entire project and re-installing everything.If I go that route what would the best way to go about un-installing phpbb forum? Thanks again for reading this and thank you Chris73 for your response

Here is a link to my forum so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.forum.midvworld.elementfx.com/phpBB3
Edit:
Also notice that after uploading a fresh overall_header.html file,that the x1- hosting ad and the paypal button is still on the forum. There is no ad code in my header file, so where else should I look?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.